A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Garnet Red Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Garnet Red Question

I'm looking for anyone that has, had or has seen in person a Garnet Red Audi.

I hoping to order a new Audi soon and none of the current reds that will likely be available (Misano or Tango) as an option are really to my liking so I'm considering going the Exclusive Color route for my order. I haven't found any local Audis in Garnet Red for me to look at in person and I've been wondering if the Pearl effect of Garnet Red is actually noticeable? As in you can see the Pearl flakes easily. I've seen Misano (Pearl) and Tango (Metallic) in person and I really can't see any of the flakes (pearl or metallic) in those colors unless under direct sunlight and at a certain angle and even then I can just barely see them.

I currently have an Amulet Red A6 which I like and it looks like Garnet Red might be similar but with Pearl effect.

Would love to hear any feedback on Garnet Red too in general.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
I'm looking for anyone that has, had or has seen in person a Garnet Red Audi.

I hoping to order a new Audi soon and none of the current reds that will likely be available (Misano or Tango) as an option are really to my liking so I'm considering going the Exclusive Color route for my order. I haven't found any local Audis in Garnet Red for me to look at in person and I've been wondering if the Pearl effect of Garnet Red is actually noticeable? As in you can see the Pearl flakes easily. I've seen Misano (Pearl) and Tango (Metallic) in person and I really can't see any of the flakes (pearl or metallic) in those colors unless under direct sunlight and at a certain angle and even then I can just barely see them.

I currently have an Amulet Red A6 which I like and it looks like Garnet Red might be similar but with Pearl effect.

Would love to hear any feedback on Garnet Red too in general.

Thanks in advance.
An authorized Audi dealership can order in a color sample for you to see. While it is not the same as seeing the car itself, it should give you the answer to your questions about the visibility of the flakes.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...elift-2881556/ this is garnet red and he has a lot of photos
Old 07-25-2018, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 2015 S7 in Garnett Red Pearl, it is a beautiful color IMO. It is not the loud red that some reds are, but not too understated, just right and yes the pearl effects are noticeable. Shoot me a PM with your email and I would be happy to send you pictures of my ride.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for reviving this old thread but wanted to thank everyone for their input and report back that I finally took delivery of a 2019 RS5 Sportback in Garnet Red. It took 8 months from order to delivery. Four months of that was a delay due to the exclusive paint shop being renovated. Any ways here is a link to some pictures if you're interested.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25327758

Thanks again!
The following users liked this post:
G_Skwiot_S7 (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I have a 2015 Garnet Red S7!

I have that spec! I was curious if they always had the black package with that color. I guess it’s not mandatory but I can’t imagine it having chrome 🤢