A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Low LED light aim. Quick fix here

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Low LED light aim. Quick fix here

My 2016 Audi A7 with the LED headlights were aiming low on low beam and I couldn't see past 70 feet in front of the car unless I put the high beams on. I took it to my dealer and told them about this issue and to adjust it to help me see farther. Of course they said it was within spec. I research up on the C7 A6 forums and found the solution was a simple turn of the special **** to the right a few times to bring up the lights. I placed my car 10 feet away from the garage and adjusted the left and right ***** shown below about 6 times to the right (1/2 turns) and saw the lights finally rise a bit on both sides. The difference is night and day. I can see much farther without the lights being too high and there is no blinding of the other drivers. I have attached the pictures below and it will show the new location of the ****. Since its located easily and you can grab it with your 2 fingers, just turn it slowly clockwise. No screwdriver is needed unless you need to be sure how many turns you are making and to keep it the same on both sides to keep the lights leveled. The other **** that is shown in (X) can be ignored. It is probably left to right (horizontal adjustment).
Attached Images  

Last edited by Baloo588; 10-21-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good information. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info, is that under the hood over the light fixture? or in some other location?
Old 10-11-2015, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by KLATX
thanks for the info, is that under the hood over the light fixture? or in some other location?
It's under the hood . Once you open it that **** is only 2 inches directly behind the light housing on both sides and it's so easily accessible. The photo shows the edge of the left headlight on the bottom. Let me know if you found it.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! im not home for a couple weeks. cant wait to try when I get back.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up. Typical dealers. Techs these days will not do anything unless they see a code.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

great tip, thanks
Old 12-27-2015, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Off topic, but I noticed something on your car. I have a 2013 and adjusted my lights because I also thought they didn't throw light far enough. I see in your picture that you have what appears to be a greasy messy substance on your housing. I too have this greasy stuff under my hood. Your car is a 2016 so obviously it doesn't have a life of messy mechanics and spills under its belt. Very strange. Was your cars engine spotless under the hood when you picked it up or was that greasy stuff there already. Just wondering.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Audi Convert
Off topic, but I noticed something on your car. I have a 2013 and adjusted my lights because I also thought they didn't throw light far enough. I see in your picture that you have what appears to be a greasy messy substance on your housing. I too have this greasy stuff under my hood. Your car is a 2016 so obviously it doesn't have a life of messy mechanics and spills under its belt. Very strange. Was your cars engine spotless under the hood when you picked it up or was that greasy stuff there already. Just wondering.

Hey good observation! I hadn't noticed that till you pointed it out. I dont recall seeing it at all when I first opened the hood when I bought the car. I had the 5k mileage servicing before the adjustment of the headlights but I will take a look at it again to see if its on both sides. It may be grease from the bolts but let me check when I get back from Florida this Friday. The car has 11k miles right not btw.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Cool.
My car has it on both sides, doesn't seem to be related to the lights. I'm not sure if it's a factory slathering of weird grease or what. But it certainly is strange. It's on the sheet metal of the fenders as well. The rest of the engine looks clean. It's got me worried/ thinking that my car is spewing oil or something but there is no evidence of that on the engine block.if it was engine oil spewing, I would expect some on the underside of the hood or on the block. So I don't know how it would have migrated to these parts of the engine if it was that. I also notice that it looks like this substance is also in the bottom plastic engine shield under the car but I can't reach to confirm. That fact that your car is still young makes me raise an eyebrow. Maybe it's nothing to worry about, but I still want to know its origin, and why, if it's greased from the factory, is its purpose.

Last edited by Audi Convert; 12-27-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Low LED light aim. Quick fix here