A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI Version 814 Update

Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Version 814 Update

I just had my A7 in for a couple of warranty repairs, and also got updated to MMI version 814 while there.
(I have a great relationship with my dealer.)
"Software version: HN+R_US_AU_K0814", as you can see in the attached pic.

Apparently, this version 814 is brand new and has only been pushed out to a handful of dealers so far. So new that my shop foreman said he couldn't find a list of what this version fixes, though it was expected that Windows phone compatibility problems are one item.

I previously had MMI version 715-2, and so far I haven't noticed anything different with version 814 (based on a couple days of driving and flipping thru all of the MMI menus). I'll report back if I notice anything -- if there's anything that someone would like me to check, just let me know.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tman007
I just had my A7 in for a couple of warranty repairs, and also got updated to MMI version 814 while there.
(I have a great relationship with my dealer.)
"Software version: HN+R_US_AU_K0814", as you can see in the attached pic.

Apparently, this version 814 is brand new and has only been pushed out to a handful of dealers so far. So new that my shop foreman said he couldn't find a list of what this version fixes, though it was expected that Windows phone compatibility problems are one item.

I previously had MMI version 715-2, and so far I haven't noticed anything different with version 814 (based on a couple days of driving and flipping thru all of the MMI menus). I'll report back if I notice anything -- if there's anything that someone would like me to check, just let me know.
Who is your dealer?
Old 03-29-2015, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Thanks for the info. Gonna have to check this out for my RS5. 0814 is the version that comes on current 2015 models as far as I know. I'm currently on 0733 with the latest map data courtesy of a brand new MMI unit that was installed a few months ago. My Windows phone is losing the Bluetooth connection once in a while. Would be great if this update fixes that.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

if there's anything that someone would like me to check, just let me know.
Could you please check if you can enter an address like 22W041 Woodview Dr, Medinah, IL 60157, or if it stops after 22 when you try to enter the house number like sw733 or older does?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Would this be available to a 2013 S6?

Or is it just for later model years?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmm, need to find what's changed.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had my A7 in for a couple of warranty repairs, and also got updated to MMI version 814 while there. (I have a great relationship with my dealer.) "Software version: HN+R_US_AU_K0814", as you can see in the attached pic. Apparently, this version 814 is brand new and has only been pushed out to a handful of dealers so far. So new that my shop foreman said he couldn't find a list of what this version fixes, though it was expected that Windows phone compatibility problems are one item. I previously had MMI version 715-2, and so far I haven't noticed anything different with version 814 (based on a couple days of driving and flipping thru all of the MMI menus). I'll report back if I notice anything -- if there's anything that someone would like me to check, just let me know.
Did you have to complain about anything with the MMI or just got updated?
Please tell me if there's a TSB or something in your invoice that made the upgrade so I can request the same
Thanks
Old 03-30-2015, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Did you have to complain about anything with the MMI or just got updated?
Please tell me if there's a TSB or something in your invoice that made the upgrade so I can request the same
Thanks
The dealership only gets paid for the update work if it is done to solve a problem.

So:

- if you are on friendly terms with the service manager/foreman you ask them to update the MMI and they create the paperwork as to show that it is done to solve a problem.

- if you do not have a relationship, you need to complain about intermittent issues and say that a friend of yours had the same problem and his dealer did the update and the problem has gone away, so you wonder if the same could be done for you to solve your issues.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaufman
The dealership only gets paid for the update work if it is done to solve a problem. So: - if you are on friendly terms with the service manager/foreman you ask them to update the MMI and they create the paperwork as to show that it is done to solve a problem. - if you do not have a relationship, you need to complain about intermittent issues and say that a friend of yours had the same problem and his dealer did the update and the problem has gone away, so you wonder if the same could be done for you to solve your issues.
Thanks I know that and I have a great relationship, but they need to find the TSB that "solves" the problem in their system and I have seen how they do it and Audi doesn't make it easy for them to do so, it is always better to just give them the TSB with the latest update
Old 03-30-2015, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Thanks I know that and I have a great relationship, but they need to find the TSB that "solves" the problem in their system and I have seen how they do it and Audi doesn't make it easy for them to do so, it is always better to just give them the TSB with the latest update
True enough!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MMI Version 814 Update