A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Ready to order A7: Sepang Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to order A7: Sepang Blue?

Hey All. First, thank you for such great insight and education here. Ready to join the clan! I've read all 55 pages dating back three years and am now ready to build an A7.

I'm wrestling with color choices and will likely go Quartz Gray (very nice indeed) if I don't order an exclusive color. Strongly considering Sepang Blue, have seen pix but not an actual Audi in person in this color. They must have made this color A7 in the UK because I found pix of one, and have also been looking at pix from Europe of the new RS7 with very similar body style.

What do you think? My guess is there are probably just a handful of custom ordered Sepang Blue A7s in the entire U.S.

Also, pricing for the exclusive color program is still confusing me. I know it was $2,500 for 2013 model year. Two dealers have told me it's now $3,900 for 2014 while another very large dealer insists it's still $2,500. Sepang Blue is a current Audi color and has been a color for the R8 and S5.

Here are links to pix I've found. I want to be sure the color complements the body style well, conveying sportiness but also the gorgeous lines and uber classy demeanor of the A7.

A7 in Sepang Blue F\from the UK:
http://www.stokeaudi.co.uk/vehicles-...hicle_id=18730

RS7 Photo Gallery in Sepang Blue:
http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/07/29/r...r=1&vid=746#tp

In advance, thanks so much for your thoughts!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Do it!!! I've always wanted to see my A7 in a sepang blue!!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Name:  The-2014-Audi-RS7-Sportback-Blue-Color-Wallpapers-600x450.jpg
Views: 10054
Size:  52.9 KB
Originally Posted by Joaquin Rodriguez
Do it!!! I've always wanted to see my A7 in a sepang blue!!
It's a standard RS7 color in Europe. I don't see RS7 colors announced yet for USA. A7 will be plenty fast for me, though. Compared to 8 cylinder Mercedes CLS550. Loved the Mercedes sound but the A7 is no slouch and cornered better and was quieter.
Attached Images   
Old 09-07-2013, 02:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by onthebeam
I'm wrestling with color choices and will likely go Quartz Gray (very nice indeed) if I don't order an exclusive color.
Why is it a hard decision - Sepang Blue hands down!! Ofcourse, there is a financial aspect to that decision, but if you dont mind paying extra, that color is just gorgeous.. There are enough Grays and Blacks and ofcourse, Whites running around!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Has anyone here ordered a 2014 A7 in an exclusive color?

Paying $2,500 is not so outrageous. But given that the pricelist now has it at $3,900 for 2014 makes me wrestle with the decision since there will be nothing back on that at resale. But we don't buy the A7 for practicality do we!

What I'm a little unclear on is that two dealers told me $3,900 and I've verified this by looking at an exclusive colors printout. The dealer that told me $2,500 is one of the largest dealers in the southeast so I would think they'd be up on latest pricing.

When Audi first announced exclusive program for 2014 they excluded almost all cars except very high end S lines, etc. Then they quickly turned around and reinstated the program for all models. My only hope to avoid $3,900 and instead pay $2,500 is that some models are priced lower than others.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my 2013 A7 in a custom color: Shiraz Red metallic. At the time, there were two different price points for special order paint colors; $2500 for any pre-exisiting color from the VW/Audi model lines, and $6000 for any Audi Exclusive color or custom match-to-sample orders. In my case, Shiraz Red is currently offered on the A1 and A5 models, so it cost $2500.

Like yourself, I was initially receiving a variety of different estimates, up to $4500, until the dealership got clarification from Audi corporate.

At the time of my order, the custom color added about 6 weeks to the schedule.

Last edited by CHZHD; 09-07-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOVE the Shiraz Red!!! Garnet Red was a bit too bright for me - but WOW!

I ordered my car 2 weeks ago in Daytona Gray Pearl - *might* have ordered Estoril Blue if my dealer would have said something. I had no idea until reading this there was a custom color program. I did ask about the carbon atlas inlays from the S7 and the dealer/Audi NA said no.

*Although* a custom color on top of the price of the Presitge with 19" Sport and LED lights, paint protection and window tinting, custom laser/radar install and STaSIS tuning would have been hard to swallow...

I think some dealers just want to move hardware...
Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix1
LOVE the Shiraz Red!!! Garnet Red was a bit too bright for me - but WOW!

I ordered my car 2 weeks ago in Daytona Gray Pearl - *might* have ordered Estoril Blue if my dealer would have said something. I had no idea until reading this there was a custom color program. I did ask about the carbon atlas inlays from the S7 and the dealer/Audi NA said no.

*Although* a custom color on top of the price of the Presitge with 19" Sport and LED lights, paint protection and window tinting, custom laser/radar install and STaSIS tuning would have been hard to swallow...

I think some dealers just want to move hardware...
It is not the dealer, it is the individual sales person you are dealing with. The dealer principals are well aware of all the available options, they make money on every one of those (and real big bucks on some) so they certainly do not hide or ignore them. The info either does not filter down to the sales people on the floor or simply doesn't register with them. Also many are just too lazy to do the additional paperwork involved.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Audi has changed their policy on special order paints this year.

It's now $3900. There's no such thing as the ~$2500 paint upgrade charge anymore.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

When it was $2,500 MSRP, the invoice price was $2,325 or exactly 7% less.

Now that it is $3,900 the dealer is telling me that this a flat price from Audi to both dealers and customers, in other words--no invoice pricing.

Can anyone verify that? If I'm going to use the exclusive program with a $3,900 paint charge, I'd certainly rather pay closer to $3627 (7% less).

Quick Reply: Ready to order A7: Sepang Blue?