A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

VIN decoder

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Default VIN decoder

I entered my VIB into the decoder because I was trying to find out exactly what exterior color my 2012 A7 is. It's black. It's actually more of a charcoal. So I guess it most likely the Havana black metallic? But then there's also a Phantom black pearl effect.
The decoder gives me all the info EXCEPT color. Gives me a code to match but nothing resembles anywhere in VIN.
My interior is nougat brown.
Anyone have any suggestions to find out which it is. I'm curious to know for sure.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbully
I entered my VIB into the decoder because I was trying to find out exactly what exterior color my 2012 A7 is. It's black. It's actually more of a charcoal. So I guess it most likely the Havana black metallic? But then there's also a Phantom black pearl effect.
The decoder gives me all the info EXCEPT color. Gives me a code to match but nothing resembles anywhere in VIN.
Anyone have any suggestions to find out which it is. I'm curious to know for sure.
There is a sticker on the door post that gives you the color code. There is also a sticker under the cargo cover near the spare tire, that also lists the paint code.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbully
Get the info from fkaufman's suggestion. Then go to 2012 Audi A7 Colors of Touch Up Paint and you can see which one it is. I have Phantom Black Pearl effect A7, and it's very black.

Maybe Oolong Gray Metallic?

You can get the option listings here http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes