A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2019 A7 issues

Old 06-19-2019, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 A7 issues

Greetings,

I purchased a 2019 A7 back in February of this year (ordered Nov 2018), fully loaded with the B&O sound system. I've recently run into a very strange problem with streaming music via bluetooth audio. The MMI stops responding and playing music and the screen freezes (on the audio controls). As far as my phone is concerned it's still playing music to the car. The bluetooth still functions for phone usage as I am able to receive and make calls and use the in car speaker. I took the car to the dealer when the issue presented itself for a third time so the dealer could see the issue firsthand. No error codes given.

I've contacted my dealer and they are contacting Audi as the issue is unknown.

If anyone has any insight into this or a possible solution, I'm all ears. Thank you.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I have not seen this happen on mine and I stream all the time from Tidal. Did the dealer reboot the MMI system?

Would be curious what you hear back from AoA.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update: The dealer hard rebooted the system, however upon picking my vehicle up today, the same thing happened again literally 10 seconds after getting into the vehicle. I can stream via Apple Carplay, but not using Audi MMI (music plays for about 30 seconds to a minute before it cuts out). I can make and receive phone calls via MMI while this occurs, but music just won't play.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

stupid question

Have you tried to delete the profile for the phone, delete the car from your phone and then re pair?
The following users liked this post:
doctorharrison (06-22-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update: Car is back at the dealer. They tried to reset the entire MMI (something only the dealer can do). It did not work. Literally 10 seconds of getting into my vehicle, the same issue presented itself. The tech said Audi has given them more things to try or they will just replace the board that sits behind the glove box.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update: They reset the car's MMI and had me delete the phone from MMI and the bluetooth car connection from the phone (iPhone Xs Max). Reconnected everything and so far no issues.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for letting us know the fix
Old 12-02-2019, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update: Audi has replaced the top infotainment screen which they believed to be causing the issues. I had an unrelated issue (according to them, but I have a feeling everything was tied into a possibly faulty unit) where upon turning the car on, a very loud BUZZING sound was coming out of the speakers and all screens were frozen. Turned the car off and back on. Both middle screens were black and the cockpit screen was stuck at 0% with a working Odometer and Speedometer only. Upon showing this video to my dealer, they said said Audi has been recommending replacing the top screen as everything is slaved to it.

Last edited by npatel209; 12-02-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My exp:

I took delivery of my '19 A7 on October 3rd. There were several issues. Mic did not pick up sound for calls or voice commands, steering wheel made a ratcheting noise, traffic was not work, and headlight condensation.

Mic issue - Took a while to diagnose. Ultimately they replaced the 5F module at the suggestion of Audi Engineers in Germany and it is working fine now. This was a 7.5K part covered under warranty.
Traffic on maps - fixed in conjunction with 5F replacement.
Headlight condensation - service stated there was a TSB advising that it would go away after longer run time. So far this has been true.
Steering wheel noise - Needed to wait for part to come in from Germany. Scheduled to go in for replacement Dec 10

Has anyone brought up replacing the 5F module. Its basically the MMI computer itself.

Old 12-06-2019, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Was having an issue with the MMI phone phantom/random calling my cell in 2015 A3 Cabriolet.

Dealership recommended upgrading to 5F module, but now have not been able to activate the functionality for the phone and the menu.

Waiting for Germany with no idea as to when they will fix the problem--likely a coding issue.

It's been a month.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 A7 issues