A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2019 A7 Order is in

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphatero
My order for a 2019 A7 Prestige is in. Dealer had 3 slots, got the last one. Delivery is expected in 3-4 months

Gonna be a LOOOONG 3-4 months!
Congrats. I am from Holmdel, NJ your neighboring town. I remember you complaining of no discount. Did you get any? Did you go with Ray Catena?
Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ven7782
Congrats. I am from Holmdel, NJ your neighboring town. I remember you complaining of no discount. Did you get any? Did you go with Ray Catena?
All 3 local dealers were at firm MSRP. But Bell in Edison offered a small "returning customer" discount, so I said what the hell.
Now I just have to figure out how to not get shafted on my trade-in: 2014 A6 Prestige with 14,000 miles in mint condition. The trade offers suck compared to what I know they are gonna sell it for.
Has anyone had any success with selling on the classifieds of this forum?
Old 08-29-2018, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I will never pay MSRP for any vehicle. I would use Craigslist and Facebook market place to sell the car myself first. Trade-ins are always low balled and not worth it for a relatively newer car like yours.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All 3 local dealers were at firm MSRP. But Bell in Edison offered a small "returning customer" discount, so I said what the hell.
I was afraid that might be the case given that it is a new model. Maybe things will change a bit since I am not fond of paying MSRP either.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default "why not get Daytona Gray which is only available with that package?"

I'm just curious - since you are getting the S Line package, why not get Daytona Gray which is only available with that package? Much more exclusive color. That's the one I wanted. I havent seen Vesuvius in person, but it looks the closest to Daytona.

Also,I think I envy those Florida roads of yours that allow you to get 21" wheels without worrying about blowing a tire in one of our NJ potholes!!
Great question that brings out an interesting conversation. It goes back to the summer of 2014, when I ordered my first A7. I knew I wanted to get an A7 but I was unsure about the color. My wife had a black 2012 A6 so I didn't want black

I think Audi paint can be a chameleon sometimes. There was an A8 Daytona Gray on the showroom floor that appeared pretty boring. Later on I found out that the showroom lights don't do any favors to the paint jobs.

One day at work, I saw a really great looking A7 in the parking lot, it appeared to be a darker gray with metallic paint. It was the color I wanted. When it came time to choose the color, I looked at the showroom A8, I didn't want that. I looked on the lot and had a hard time choosing because the sky was blue and thus so were the gray cars. I come back another day when it was cloudy and and all the cars looked gloomy. I finally made up my mind so I ordered Quartz Gray Metallic, black headliner, nougat brown interior. I was really pleased with the car but every time that guy from Naples showed up I wished I had ordered his color...that was Daytona Gray all along.

So here I am 4 years later, unable to pull the trigger on the Daytona Gray. It looks boring on all the cars I saw it on. I thought the Vesuvius Gray looked more like a dark charcoal with a really nice metal flake in it. I must be nuts believing a 3" by 4" paint sample will sway me away from Daytona Gray but I'm just taking a chance.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I'm curious, what type if discount are you getting off of MSRP?

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
I'm curious, what type if discount are you getting off of MSRP? I didn't know if since it is early in a new release if they are dealing much or if they are putting good deals out there to get some on the street.

Thanks
The dealer didn't like it but I received the ACNA 6% discount. I think there's only 7% mark up on the car. I bought my wife's A5 Cab a week earlier and while competing with Sarasota I got a good deal on her car.

The GM was angry that I took his last (of 3) A7 at such a price.

Evidently that ACNA 6% discount used to give 2% back to the dealer but that don't do that anymore.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the video, the Vesuvius looks great. I wanted a gray wood insert because I went with black interior. I hope you're right about the Achat Gray.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:55 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

The Ibis White S-Line looks oh-so-tasty...!

Love it
Old 09-06-2018, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaudiman
Great question that brings out an interesting conversation. It goes back to the summer of 2014, when I ordered my first A7. I knew I wanted to get an A7 but I was unsure about the color. My wife had a black 2012 A6 so I didn't want black

I think Audi paint can be a chameleon sometimes. There was an A8 Daytona Gray on the showroom floor that appeared pretty boring. Later on I found out that the showroom lights don't do any favors to the paint jobs.

One day at work, I saw a really great looking A7 in the parking lot, it appeared to be a darker gray with metallic paint. It was the color I wanted. When it came time to choose the color, I looked at the showroom A8, I didn't want that. I looked on the lot and had a hard time choosing because the sky was blue and thus so were the gray cars. I come back another day when it was cloudy and and all the cars looked gloomy. I finally made up my mind so I ordered Quartz Gray Metallic, black headliner, nougat brown interior. I was really pleased with the car but every time that guy from Naples showed up I wished I had ordered his color...that was Daytona Gray all along.

So here I am 4 years later, unable to pull the trigger on the Daytona Gray. It looks boring on all the cars I saw it on. I thought the Vesuvius Gray looked more like a dark charcoal with a really nice metal flake in it. I must be nuts believing a 3" by 4" paint sample will sway me away from Daytona Gray but I'm just taking a chance.
Interesting choice, congrats. man,

I was very undecided between Vesuvius Grey and Daytona Grey. Vesuvius Grey looks fabulous. Daytona Grey on the other hand looks good but sometimes looks flimsy brownish under sunlight.Anyways, I went with Daytona Grey since my current Lexus is Metallic Black and I determined that Vesuvius Grey looks Black most of the time.

Here is the specs I went with:
  • Daytona Grey with S Line Exterior
  • Pearl Paige Interior with comfort seats and black headliner
  • Fragment Aluminum
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • 21" Sport Alloys
  • Adaptive Cruise Control and head up display
  • B&O Premium Sound System + Electric Door Closing (the come with no additional cost if I selected Adaptive Cruise Control and heads up display package in my country)
  • Adaptive Air Suspension
  • Dynamic All Wheel Steering
  • Ambient Interior Lighting - Colored
  • Laser Headlight (the dealer added it as a complement!!
I wounder how much these options will cost in the US? I think cars here are much higher in cost than the US!
Old 09-06-2018, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AA7
Anyone that chose Individual Contour Seating Package actually gets 98M in order guide which is technically Achat Gray Fine Grain Birch Natural Wood inlays as it is required with the contour seating. It is different than Fine Grain Ash/Brown Natural b/c you can see the difference between the 2 inlays in Europe or UK configurators. I think the contour package inlay is the same inlay that 2018 A7 and A6s currently offer; you should be able to find some pictures online for those. Vesuvius gray is new but it seems like a very dark gray, which will probably end up being like Manhattan Gray if not darker. Here is a good video for Vesuvius Gray in case you have not seen it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWZK6IkZFhU&t=224s

My order is
2019 A7 Premium Plus, Daytona Gray, Achat Gray Fine Grain inlays, Pearl Beige interior
S-line, contour seating, warm weather, cold weather, 20'' wheels

Initially I wanted the Triton Blue but even though order guide says it's available in s-line, it actually is not. In the end, I went with Daytona gray after deliberating between Vesuvius and Daytona for what most probably would consider to be an unnecessary amount of long time

I have no idea my production date etc even though they gave me a build/comm number. My dealer requires lot of nudging and pushing as they are not very informative. Do you guys know if there is any way to track the orders?
Thanks for the Video,

This does not look like Vesuvius Grey. It is either Daytona Grey or Triton Blue. They look darker because of video processing. Note the grill, alloys, and break pads, they almost with no details because of the processing. Anyways, Here is how Vesuvius Grey looks like (almost Black):

Quick Reply: 2019 A7 Order is in