A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bluetooth problem

Old 06-05-2016, 01:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth problem

i have audi a8l 2006 with bluetooth, it connects fine I dial a number I can hear them clearly but they can't hear me when I talk to them. any of ya have had this problem, and whats the solution
Old 06-05-2016, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Has always been like that ?
Have you checked the coding in 77 telephone ?
Mine was a bit garbled on the microphone at one stage but I had swapped out the fixed phone for Bluetooth rsap unit. played around with the coding a bit and seems fine now.
Not a bit of fluf jammed in the mic.?
Old 06-05-2016, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did a scan show any codes? Sounds like a mic problem for sure. Also double check to make sure you don't have it muted via your phone.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

seen this before two weeks ago..... and it was a coding in the Central Electronics 09 for some odd reason..... I dont see how the CE ECU caused that but I tried everything and coding on the BT Module 77 reset it, adaptation, guided faults etc, then when I changed the coding on the CE module back to stock it worked, wierd... apparently the customer had CE module recoded to ROW, BT module didnt like that....
Old 06-05-2016, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

I've seen it before too: the phone...

Cars are getting older now so there are apparently some module issues, but 95%+ of the time over the years I would say it's the phone. Step one is test a known good phone with functional bluetooth against the car--as in, not yours. Fall back is test your phone in a different car, specifically for phone (not music) bluetooth.

FWIW on my iPhone 5S, Apple gave me a refurb one when first one had broken camera. Seemed fine at first leaving store. But in car a few days later, suddenly I realized I could hear people and they couldn't hear me for any call on speaker. But wait, same issue on my wife's Q5 when I had her car one day before getting back home. Yep, phone.

Even better... Go to Apple store, and they smugly pronounced it all good. The "flagship" one where top management goes to be seen: University Ave in Palo Alto CA. Except oops, the "Geniuses" tested A2DP music bluetooth with a speaker in pronouncing it good. Took about an hour for me to get the Geniuses to understand politely they didn't understand bluetooth. Finally they tried it against a mobile speakerphone device they took out of a box. Bad bluetooth radio confirmed, on phone side not A2DP music side. Thus, second new phone. All good..til that one broke at tail end of warranty. Yep, quality Apple, err Foxconn product. Three of em in one warranty window for just that 5S.

Moral of story: suspect phone always too and don't just jump to car.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 06-05-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

to be honest i dont even know where the mic is located at, i dont have the vag cable wire to check it

Originally Posted by storka
Has always been like that ?
Have you checked the coding in 77 telephone ?
Mine was a bit garbled on the microphone at one stage but I had swapped out the fixed phone for Bluetooth rsap unit. played around with the coding a bit and seems fine now.
Not a bit of fluf jammed in the mic.?
Old 06-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i dont have a vag wire scaner cable to check for any codes

Originally Posted by Hannibalacp82
Did a scan show any codes? Sounds like a mic problem for sure. Also double check to make sure you don't have it muted via your phone.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by madeballer313
to be honest i dont even know where the mic is located at, i dont have the vag cable wire to check it
Mic is in the front roof light assembly
Old 06-06-2016, 12:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

is there any pictures u can show exactly where is located at if u don't mind. do I have to replace it and if I do from where should I buy it from

Originally Posted by Shamoye Lewis
Old 06-06-2016, 12:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shamoye Lewis
I thought there was only one mic there until I put in the voice thingy in the K box
I think there are about three of them
I may be wrong

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bluetooth problem