A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loyal Audi customer just got F○€ked!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts

Not gonna like this reaction, but honestly I would not approach it this way--the A5 2.0T. Be clear this is from someone who is not an Audi fanboy, has called B.S on many an Audi or dealer approach, and on the underlying real subject of blown turbos on 4.0T's surrounding this thread thinks Audi is hiding the ball and not stepping up appropriately for its design errors.

A now largely forgotten read, but I would commend Dale Carnegie's age old How to Win Friends and Influence People. This ain't it. Threats about Twitter followers and the rest of it come off to me as hot headed and counterproductive. Buried in the facts too is it is a used car, so there is no first owner new car business loss that is the common sense direct downside--besides the more general brand reputational issues. Meantime, were I on the receiving end of that at dealer or Audi honestly I would go more negative. That is predictably not going to lead to any closure, which i expect is the objective?? Meantime, if you are serious about the actions, my advice is just move on and do them, not threaten.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:26 AM
TFT
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you are still part of the Head of the Charles organization you should know who their sponsors are, or at least look them up before you start making threats. Audi is not one of their sponsors.
I agree with MP4.2+6.0, you need to settle down a bit.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of two years ago they were a major HOCR sponsor. In my end of the operations I don't actually pay attention to that and for all I know they'll be back again this year. Settle down a bit? I'm very calm on my end for someone who cannot even get a first-level customer service rep to call me back after three weeks. So maybe mine isn't the way to go about it, but playing nice has ended up with crickets on my end. No returned calls or emails, period. Pleasant exchanges just asking for ANY kind of update.

At the end of the day, I ask you and MP4.2, does it make sense to you that any Audi with regular service should have a blown engine at 52,000 miles? Put another way, what would the regular service found that would have alerted me to this possibility? I'm not a hot head and for a long time I've been that "Audi guy" talking up the brand - not quite a fan boy, yet I went to the mat for Audi on the TT timing chain. Now I don't even get a callback on an open ticket? Actually it sounds to me like you might be all-in on the Kool Aid, and that's great if it works for you. I'm just trying to get some kind of confirmation from AoA that they will/not help so that I CAN move on.

And maybe it didn't come across, but the theme of my post was to sympathize with the OP who seems to be in the similar - and typical - predicament where Audi's first response to drag the feet and then wish us good luck. As for threats? Those are just standard tactical responses that don't take a lot of effort to implement. No emotion, just implementation. When they wouldn't help with the TT, our patience was rewarded but it indeed requires a lot of patience with them.

Latest update - I've been on intermittent hold with ACE in Auburn Hills, after asking to speak with Jeff Tolerico, the VP of the Eastern Region. I was just told "he is not customer-facing". Gotta laugh sometimes... The Audi VP of the Eastern Region who sits at Audi of America in Auburn Hills and presumably oversees a staff of Customer Advocates is not customer-facing by policy...

Last edited by CPop; 05-29-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

The title of this thread is “Loyal Audi Customer just got F^€ed! but the fact is; not really. Buying used Audi’s doesn’t make someone a “loyal Audi customer”. It just makes them a loyal used car customer who happens to buy Audis. Even if the purchases take place at an Audi dealer, Audi hasn’t made one red cent off of this customer. And buying used is always Caveat Emptor. You pay your money and take your chances. All this dissing Audi is sorely misplaced unless the vehicle was purchased new.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoy11
The title of this thread is “Loyal Audi Customer just got F^€ed! but the fact is; not really. Buying used Audi’s doesn’t make someone a “loyal Audi customer”. It just makes them a loyal used car customer who happens to buy Audis. Even if the purchases take place at an Audi dealer, Audi hasn’t made one red cent off of this customer. And buying used is always Caveat Emptor. You pay your money and take your chances. All this dissing Audi is sorely misplaced unless the vehicle was purchased new.
So what you telling me is, "buying a brand new car off the manufacturing line with zero miles is the definition of being loyal"? For one you came onto this thread for whatever reason you had but I'm sure buying a used car that "certified" isn't a bad choice. Buying a car PERIOD, we all take chances and unfortunately they have recalls!! As for ya comment about "dissing Audi" have you been in any of the OTHER people "dissing" Audi? Until you've been in our shoes shut the **** up!! And lastly, sorry to keep ya reading but I've 2 brand new Audi A8L and and another A6 brand new that was certified and sorry to tell you only THIS car I've had the most issue! So buying a used car doesn't matter if the car is maintained. FOH
Old 06-03-2019, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dadifatsacs
So what you telling me is, "buying a brand new car off the manufacturing line with zero miles is the definition of being loyal"? For one you came onto this thread for whatever reason you had but I'm sure buying a used car that "certified" isn't a bad choice. Buying a car PERIOD, we all take chances and unfortunately they have recalls!! As for ya comment about "dissing Audi" have you been in any of the OTHER people "dissing" Audi? Until you've been in our shoes shut the **** up!! And lastly, sorry to keep ya reading but I've 2 brand new Audi A8L and and another A6 brand new that was certified and sorry to tell you only THIS car I've had the most issue! So buying a used car doesn't matter if the car is maintained. FOH
Well, I experienced equally terrible service from AOA and I purchased my S8 brand new. I can guarantee you the way I was treated cost Audi any of my future business. No longer own an Audi and won't ever again. The car itself was the best I've owned in many ways, but I won't be treated like some begger and continue to give them my business.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The worst customer experience ever if you own high end Audi

I have had 5 Audi A8L, an RS6 plus and an R8 and my latest one will be my last Audi. I was caught in the diesel gate scandal and the way they treated their most loyal, long term, premium customers was egregious.

I was planning to sell my car with 49k on it as per usual and couldn't because no one, including dealers would buy the damn things till Audi resolved it. When they did it would have been a drop in the ocean to put A8L owners in new cars, buy us out etc. But no. A small check and a car that had depreciated about 75k .

I will never ever ever recommend an Audi to anyone again even though I loved them
Old 06-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I've never bought a brand new Audi, only used.. I consider myself pretty loyal to the brand, but I'm worried sick about what would happen if my '14 allroad were to go **** up... and I have an extended 3rd party warranty. I have a good relationship with my dealer, but that only gets you so far...
Old 06-10-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dadifatsacs
You can be as big a jerk as you want pal but I have as much right to express my opinions as you or anyone else so BACK OFF JACK! You have no idea as to whether I have been in your shoes so bitch all you want. And unless you buy your cars brand new from authorized dealers and get the vehicle(s) serviced at the dealership, you are not a “loyal” customer period.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoy11
You can be as big a jerk as you want pal but I have as much right to express my opinions as you or anyone else so BACK OFF JACK! You have no idea as to whether I have been in your shoes so bitch all you want. And unless you buy your cars brand new from authorized dealers and get the vehicle(s) serviced at the dealership, you are not a “loyal” customer period.
Indeed, you are entitled to your opinion. However, someone who buys used Audi's is may certainly be a loyal Audi customer, and to state that Audi doesn't gain anything from someone buying a used card is very shortsighted. The advertising alone from more Audi's driving the highways is worth a huge amount of advertising dollars.

Quick Reply: Loyal Audi customer just got F○€ked!!