Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts
Old 07-29-2016, 09:25 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Window Switch not working Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window Switch not working Help Please

Hey, I'm having a problem with my driver's window switch in my 2006 A3. It goes down fine but the switch just recently stopped raising the glass. I have seen some other posts on this topic and a possible inexpensive fix but before I go through the trouble of taking the door apart I wanted to make sure I need to. The one thing that makes me thing it isn't a part issue is that I can get the window up by locking the door with the key and holding it locked for a few seconds. It seems to me, if this is working, there shouldn't be any broken parts. The switch is also working in the down direction. I was just wondering if there is a way to "reset" the window. I know this is probably wishful thinking and I'm going to be taking the door apart in the next few days but I thought I would at least ask.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 AM
kgw
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen a post that gave the sequence to "re-initialize" the window switch as well. . .I seem to remember it being on Fourtitude: I'll see if I can find it.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:48 AM
kgw
Audiworld Junior Member

Here it is:

Press and hold the window-down switch until the window is all the way down + 10 seconds. Then do the same thing in the 'up' direction. Then power-cycle the car and try the auto open/close again.

If it doesn't work the first time, people said to repeat the process. This must be done whenever the battery is removed and replaced.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting mine goes up and down but won't go down when pushed past the click the automatic all-the-way-down position. I wonder if this will work for me.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default re-initialize

I just replaced the battery in my 2007 A3 today and had to re-initialize all my window switches so the auto-roll-down feature would work again.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I tried this and so far it has fixed my problem. I only tested it 3-4 times but it worked every time.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Though I had not messed with the electronics of the car (removed the battery, etc.) my passenger window suddenly lost the ability to auto-roll but could still manually go up or down if you held the button. I wasn't aware of the reinitialize procedure but I sent the car to the dealer and it was just a matter of re-programing the door.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default More window fun...

Does anyone else have a window with the following behavior?
You try to raise a lowered window, but it actually drops further...THEN, it raises on the second attempt? My driver's side-rear window does this. No big deal—just weird.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:58 PM

Dear KGW thanks so much, replaced battery, reset radio code, and auto roll on the drivers didn't work. after pulling the switch, cleaning and then pulling apart the inner switch, cleaning still nothing.....with key in on position roll down hold 10 + sec roll up hold 10+ sec up. turn off key and then on again all works....TYVM one time an audi fix worked.......
Old 05-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jimbob6879
Does anyone else have a window with the following behavior?
You try to raise a lowered window, but it actually drops further...THEN, it raises on the second attempt? My driver's side-rear window does this. No big deal—just weird.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

yes your switch botton is damaged you have to replace it

Quick Reply: Window Switch not working Help Please