Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Considering '15 A3 - 1st time buyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering '15 A3 - 1st time buyer

Its my first time buying an audi. I am really excited but at the same time, I want to make sure the car I get is reliable as well. I am considering buying a CPO 2015 A3. I'm wondering if there are any major issues with this model? I do see some for less than 18k but the mileage is between 50-60k. Would it be a bad idea to buy a CPO with that high of mileage? I'm under the impression if something does go wrong, it'll be covered under warranty for the next few years. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fre3way
Its my first time buying an audi. I am really excited but at the same time, I want to make sure the car I get is reliable as well. I am considering buying a CPO 2015 A3. I'm wondering if there are any major issues with this model? I do see some for less than 18k but the mileage is between 50-60k. Would it be a bad idea to buy a CPO with that high of mileage? I'm under the impression if something does go wrong, it'll be covered under warranty for the next few years. Let me know what you guys think.
Hello, I have 2015 a3 1.8t and it is a very good car and there are no major issues at all with this model. On all German cars I would watch out for the mileage due to reliability issues of course. But truly I don't think you will have any issues with the a3 even with higher miles. Also I wanted to let you know that my warranty is expiring soon, so I'm not sure if the cars you are looking at have extended warranties. I got my a3 for about 17k with 14k miles about 4 months ago. I got a good deal, and the car has a clean title. Good luck, I hope this helps!!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by GageB928
Hello, I have 2015 a3 1.8t and it is a very good car and there are no major issues at all with this model. On all German cars I would watch out for the mileage due to reliability issues of course. But truly I don't think you will have any issues with the a3 even with higher miles. Also I wanted to let you know that my warranty is expiring soon, so I'm not sure if the cars you are looking at have extended warranties. I got my a3 for about 17k with 14k miles about 4 months ago. I got a good deal, and the car has a clean title. Good luck, I hope this helps!!
You got a great price. How much was the a3 initially listed for? I'm still trying to get a gist of how much I can negotiate off the car. Most in my area are around 19-21k price range. I would ideally like to pay 16-17k for it. Also, would it be advisable to only buy the car from an audi dealership?
Old 12-14-2018, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fre3way
You got a great price. How much was the a3 initially listed for? I'm still trying to get a gist of how much I can negotiate off the car. Most in my area are around 19-21k price range. I would ideally like to pay 16-17k for it. Also, would it be advisable to only buy the car from an audi dealership?
I bought my car from Drivers Select and they had a set price, so I could not negotiate. You may have to go with the higher milage cars, or just a stock a3 to get the price your looking for. If you could find the deal you like from Audi that would be great to buy it from them. They may offer you free car washes and stuff, and they always buy clean cars. The best option when it comes to negotiating would be finding a car that is being sold by a private seller. Although all will work out if you don't buy your car from Audi.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you considered leasing? A3's don't move that well and I got a great deal on a lease (2016). Another option for you in your price range would be to find a fire sale price on a new GTI. Lose the AWD but a great car with newer tech/infotainment. Regarding your reliability question, I have not had any issues with my car. My biggest gripe is the visibility out of the car. I'm tall and with my seat back side vision is pretty poor. I had a WRX which was ugly as sin but had great visibility. I didn't notice it as much when test driving the A3 but after 2.5 years it is irritating at times. Good luck with your car search.