Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 without a magna dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS3 without a magna dealer

What is everyone's predictions on when I will see my car? This year? NEXT year?! I live in Honolulu and do not have a Magna dealer option.

I know my car is on the build waitlist, as I have been sent the order sheet from the awesome dealership out here (no idea why they are not magna)

I am just curious what all of you people think. Maybe, just maybe, I will never get one, and my deposit will just be gone because they were not able to get allocation .

Side note, how do they expect dealerships to make magna status if they don't give them the same chances to sell cars?! seems broken to me
Old 05-11-2017, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My dealer is an Audi Sport--but not Magna--dealer, and I was the first one to get build dates from my dealer (posted on another forum).

I was first on the list since last year, so that probably helps.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GrimTango42
What is everyone's predictions on when I will see my car? This year? NEXT year?! I live in Honolulu and do not have a Magna dealer option.

I know my car is on the build waitlist, as I have been sent the order sheet from the awesome dealership out here (no idea why they are not magna)

I am just curious what all of you people think. Maybe, just maybe, I will never get one, and my deposit will just be gone because they were not able to get allocation .

Side note, how do they expect dealerships to make magna status if they don't give them the same chances to sell cars?! seems broken to me
Do you have a Comm#? If so what are the first two Characters in it? With that we can at least compare to other orders that have been accepted in by the factory. It's looking like Audi is really going to be ramping up the RS/Audi Sport product line similar to what AMG & BMW's M products are, and with it the volume of RS automobiles, so I'm guessing that the RS variants probably won't be quite the unicorn status they once were in North America. I'd hazard a guess that the first round of cars may well be allocated with an emphasis on Magna dealers especially the initial 2017 model batch. However the more likely issue in your case may well be that as of now the dealership in Honolulu isn't shown to be a "Audi Sport" dealership. Most of the early orders for 2018 models seems to be showing a August/September delivery schedule, so by this summer we should all have a much better understanding of availability and real North American delivery data.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

I do have a Comm#. First 2 are NS

What have people been seeing. On another thread I saw someone with NK looks to have had their car built, or scheduled to be built with an ETA on delivery
Old 05-12-2017, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do have a Comm#. First 2 are NS

What have people been seeing. On another thread I saw someone with NK looks to have had their car built, or scheduled to be built with an ETA on delivery
Mine is a NK with a expected August delivery. Note: Audi released the US order guide on 4/10/2017 as I recall & my order & deposit went in the same day. While unconfirmed the consensus on decoding the comm numbers is that it's a running number across all models and all regions. So given that theory it would suggest that a "NS" prefix build would be many thousands of cars later. (IE: NK, NL, NM, NN, NO, NP, NQ, Etc..) Now of course most of those cars are not coming out of the same factory and thus have no bearing on your actual build date. I suspect the production line runs in batches in the name of efficiency. So I doubt they make models for all regions simultaneously. For instance switching between right hand & left hand drive cars. The takeaway here is that given your Comm# I think it's completely reasonable that you haven't gotten a build date yet. Keep checking on other peoples feedback regarding comm number/build date correlation. As the numbers get closer to your comm# then you should have a much better idea of where you stand.

Last edited by Zephyr007; 05-12-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Zephyr007
Mine is a NK with a expected August delivery. Note: Audi released the US order guide on 4/10/2017 as I recall & my order & deposit went in the same day. While unconfirmed the consensus on decoding the comm numbers is that it's a running number across all models and all regions. So given that theory it would suggest that a "NS" prefix build would be many thousands of cars later. (IE: NK, NL, NM, NN, NO, NP, NQ, Etc..) Now of course most of those cars are not coming out of the same factory and thus have no bearing on your actual build date. I suspect the production line runs in batches in the name of efficiency. So I doubt they make models for all regions simultaneously. For instance switching between right hand & left hand drive cars. The takeaway here is that given your Comm# I think it's completely reasonable that you haven't gotten a build date yet. Keep checking on other peoples feedback regarding comm number/build date correlation. As the numbers get closer to your comm# then you should have a much better idea of where you stand.
Makes sense. Still wish I could make better sense of how to translate and predict these COMM#'s

I had my money down in Feb, and order placed right around the 10th as well. I moved quickly. I was #1 spot at my dealership here.

I think I may have gotten the proverbial shaft because of the lack of Magna or Audi Sport dealership. OR!! We just have no idea how the COMM system works... I would wager that your understanding is indeed how it works.

Do you know if the RS3 allocation is updated monthly? And what day of the month that falls under?
Old 05-12-2017, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

The COMM# sequence is not related to build date.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
The COMM# sequence is not related to build date.
Any ideas what that COMM# means? Is it just something Audi uses to start conspiracy theories?
Old 05-12-2017, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Any ideas what that COMM# means? Is it just something Audi uses to start conspiracy theories?
It's the order that they are placed into the ordering system, but they don't necessarily correlate with build dates.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
It's the order that they are placed into the ordering system, but they don't necessarily correlate with build dates.
It can give you a pretty good idea though right? NK will be built before NS. If Audi hasn't gotten to all the groups before yours, you won't be getting allocation.

Quick Reply: RS3 without a magna dealer