Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

RS3 vs S5 sportback Decision..decision..

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS3 vs S5 sportback Decision..decision..

Hey guys,
Today I would like to get some advice and comments from you guys.
I am 2017 S3 saloon owner but got into an accident and it turns out to be a total write off. and now i am forced to be back in market.
I did test drive both RS3 and S5 sportback a couple times and after thoughts and thoughts, I cannot really come up with a final desicion.
Not to mention that i had S3.. so I know pretty much everything about RS3 other than the performance, so if I go for RS3 I am kind of worried that it will be too similar, and rationally speaking, I think S5 is a all around, well-refined GT.
From my perspective, both cars look great outside but S5 has a WAY BETTER interior and features. I thought S3 & RS3 have clean and neat interior, but after sitting in S5, those two felt like little bit out-dated to be honest.
A3 family got FL recently but we will get full change model less than 3-4 years i believe. This worries me a bit too. On the other hand, S5 just came out.
After looking at various videos on youtube, I was expecting that at least RS3 will outperform S5 badly, but well.. I could definitely feel that RS3 got better sound and more power but did not really see the HUGE difference in real life. It was not a whole new level of performance.
If I want to feel that "RS feeling" in a RS3, I really had to push it hard.
My local dealership offers little better deal with S5 sportback as well.

My head tells me that S5 is rationally a good purchase, but somehow.. i just keep thinking about Nardo grey RS3.
Sorry guys.. may be I am just way too indecisive
I am 28. not married. 9 out 10 times, I will be the only one who will be in a car. It's good to have extra space and luxury features, but It is not a must.
And most importantly, RS3 is still a class leading pocket rocket.

What would you guys do?
Thanks in advance.