Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Should I replace my stock brakes on my 2017 Audi S3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I replace my stock brakes on my 2017 Audi S3?

Hello,

I have recently purchased my first 2017 Audi S3 and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the question if I should upgrade to higher caliber brakes. Would I see much of a difference in overall performance from the stock ones?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Get better tires first. S3 have great breaks. Maybe some ebc red stuff brake pads.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok, that is good to hear! Now are the stock pirelli p zero not that great? What would you recommend for higher end tires?

Also I was thinking about installing an exhaust/intake...would this need a re-tune job or could I just install parts and stick with factory tuning (tuning would cause a void in factory warranty...)?
Old 06-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audiride23
Ok, that is good to hear! Now are the stock pirelli p zero not that great? What would you recommend for higher end tires?

Also I was thinking about installing an exhaust/intake...would this need a re-tune job or could I just install parts and stick with factory tuning (tuning would cause a void in factory warranty...)?
are those the all season p zero's? I think a catback exhaust and air box would be a good setup. A stage 1 tune will add some pep and better shifting points on an automatic. Although s3 is pretty tuned up as I understand it. And voiding
warranty is always the question??????
Old 06-30-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Superhak31
are those the all season p zero's? I think a catback exhaust and air box would be a good setup. A stage 1 tune will add some pep and better shifting points on an automatic. Although s3 is pretty tuned up as I understand it. And voiding
warranty is always the question??????
Unfortunately they are summer tires, not all season . I was thinking about getting a Millitek Catback Exhaust (Valved - Non Resonated). For the intercooler I am was thinking about the APR intercooler. But with the air box I am in need of some advice....should I just get an upgrade filter or should I be thinking about a short ram/cold air intake? I could get more HP/TQ with a good tuning but for now just want to focus on the parts first.

By the way would you happen to know of any legitimate site that sells quality (possibly carbon fiber) front splitter, rear diffuser, and wing?
Old 06-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Unfortunately they are summer tires, not all season . I was thinking about getting a Millitek Catback Exhaust (Valved - Non Resonated). For the intercooler I am was thinking about the APR intercooler. But with the air box I am in need of some advice....should I just get an upgrade filter or should I be thinking about a short ram/cold air intake? I could get more HP/TQ with a good tuning but for now just want to focus on the parts first.

By the way would you happen to know of any legitimate site that sells quality (possibly carbon fiber) front splitter, rear diffuser, and wing?
I'm sure those tires are fine for now. Depends where you live.
ive heard millitek is a viable option. Honestly I wish I would've opted for their resonated version. I have an '13 A3 stage 2 apr tune with cts non res downpipe and Billy boat stealth exhaust. Nothing stealth about that setup. It's like full blown race care sound! I pulled off the catback for now. Anyways, you should be fine. If you do without downpipe.
I guess it depends how old you are and if you're married😜.
And funny thing is the S3 intercooler is an upgrade option for the A3 as it is a fairly straight swap. It is a better intercooler.
but I also think a front mount intercooler is going to be even better. It's on my list. I'm in LA and it gets hot, therefore heatsoak is an issue. Apr carbonio air intake? Check if they make a 2017 model and get it. Check out parts4earo.com they have flow front splitters. They are badass!
Then when you get all that flash it with stage 1.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm sure those tires are fine for now. Depends where you live.
ive heard millitek is a viable option. Honestly I wish I would've opted for their resonated version. I have an '13 A3 stage 2 apr tune with cts non res downpipe and Billy boat stealth exhaust. Nothing stealth about that setup. It's like full blown race care sound! I pulled off the catback for now. Anyways, you should be fine. If you do without downpipe.
I guess it depends how old you are and if you're married😜.
And funny thing is the S3 intercooler is an upgrade option for the A3 as it is a fairly straight swap. It is a better intercooler.
but I also think a front mount intercooler is going to be even better. It's on my list. I'm in LA and it gets hot, therefore heatsoak is an issue. Apr carbonio air intake? Check if they make a 2017 model and get it. Check out parts4earo.com they have flow front splitters. They are badass!
Then when you get all that flash it with stage 1.
correction: flow designs splitter
Old 06-30-2017, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

correction: flow designs splitter
Well I live here in San Diego.
Hahaha it is ok if its a little load for now, not married! But cant you change the from sporty to comfort when you dont want it too loud? Should work with those settings still right?

Sorry bro you lost me on the intercooler part....is the APR Intercooler better than the stock S3 one? Is it front mounted?

On the intake will do bro, ill check if they make a 2017 version for the S3.

Have you upgraded your suspension? Do I even need too for now or are the stock S3 ones ok for now?
Old 06-30-2017, 09:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I live here in San Diego.
Hahaha it is ok if its a little load for now, not married! But cant you change the from sporty to comfort when you dont want it too loud? Should work with those settings still right?

Sorry bro you lost me on the intercooler part....is the APR Intercooler better than the stock S3 one? Is it front mounted?

On the intake will do bro, ill check if they make a 2017 version for the S3.

Have you upgraded your suspension? Do I even need too for now or are the stock S3 ones ok for now?
Sorry, it is front mounted. I was thinking about those ones mounted forward and lower, under the bumper.
I wish I could press a button and make is quiet.
And I did upgrade my suspension. The A3 sits way too high. But the S3 looks like it has a good ride height. If anything maybe some good springs,shocks and struts when your oem ones are done. S3 is a sweet ride man! Enjoy?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry, it is front mounted. I was thinking about those ones mounted forward and lower, under the bumper.
I wish I could press a button and make is quiet.
And I did upgrade my suspension. The A3 sits way too high. But the S3 looks like it has a good ride height. If anything maybe some good springs,shocks and struts when your oem ones are done. S3 is a sweet ride man! Enjoy?
Thanks bro! I appreciate all the help! I will be uploading some pics when I get the new parts installed.

Quick Reply: Should I replace my stock brakes on my 2017 Audi S3?