Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

audi reliability

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audi reliability

hi -i'm new here and have recently been looking to purchase an audi allroad - 2.7T manual.
As i look on this board there seems to be a lot of complaints about problems with the allroad
i like driving cars but don't think i'm the enthusiasts like some of you guys - meaning the only thing i'll probably do to my allroad is get some rims and bigger tires.
What is the consensus on these cars. I like to keep my car for a long time, can i expect to get 150k+ miles on this allroad.
how much $$ in maintenance should i expect
and how many times a year on avg should i expect to take it to be serviced for a problem in the first 5yrs.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default welcome... if you 've been reading the board...

then you can see the answer falls into two categories.. regular drivers, mod king drivers.

GENERALLY, not as a rule.
Those that push their cars to deliver more, GENERALLY have more problems than those..like youeself who just want a great car that drives well.

But the basics are the same.. The leveling system does exibit problems, the turbos can go whether you chip/DiPP or not, the brakes can vibrate depending on the luck of the draw. The clutch is weak, but it holds up..the stock tires suck, but we love this car.

for some reason...it stirs our soul every time we turn the key.

Some people have had to do nothing except maint.... oil, brakes, etc. while others like myself have gon through a gaziliion dollars of Audi's warranty money in the first 50,000 miles. I too plan to keep my allroad for 150K, I just wonder if it has other plans at times.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I second Paulroad. I would like to keep mine past the 100k mark ..

but fear most the dreaded visit from the Turbo Lady or the tip tranny going south. Great car, does alot of things wonderfully. The glitches are anoying, but I can live with them until the $$ amount gets too high. Good luck on your search.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: I second Paulroad. I would like to keep mine past the 100k mark ..

how much money are you spending on service - outside of the warranty
Old 02-15-2005, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I just hit 50k last week,.. so I haven't spent anything yet. (Shhhhhhhhhh!)

The best test are those that have used allroads... what kind of work whether Certified or cash haas been needed.

Just read the posts... you will see regular brake maint. can cost you >$500.00 and more if you go to the dealer. A synth oil change is $50 at a gas station.. 7 quarts or so plus the filter and a rubber washer.

You don't buy expensive cars expecting low maint costs.
AudiWorld Member

Default I too plan on using past 100K mark...

Don't forget people mainly post here looking for answers to problems, not to praise the 90%+ days w/o them. Good luck, go for it, but do your research on the particular vehicle.
AudiWorld Super User

Default I am hoping the last 2 weeks have been an exception

prior the car really hasn't suffered any major problems.

I can say the dealer has handled things well for me over the last couple of weeks, and Yes I will likely be keeping the car for a while.

I even ran one of my old Audi's (an '87 GT Coupe) to 287K miles before I finally sold it.

An Audi out of warranty will make you pay to maintain it, but the love for the car will continue, and the payment will likely be lower than a car payment anyway. When it gets past that mark, it is certainly time for a new one.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:33 PM
trg
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Shopping for new or used?

Either way, if you get a good one, you won't regret it -- I'm at 80K, no problems other than a leaky headlight washer pressure cylinder, and I plan to keep the car for a long time -- 250K at least.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default re:(Shhhhhhhhhh!) Same here,,, I still have 750 to go..

My dealer has been resonable with cost for oil changes out of covered cycle, etc. But, I have cpo and get another 50k of service for 2 years at cost of 50 per visit...
Old 02-15-2005, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default With the good sound community that we have supporting each other, we can

all see 150-200k out of these cars.

I really appreciate the tech articles, like the recent timing belt change with pictures.

I'll tackle that one myself at 95-99k and save the money spent at the dealer making the water pump and pulley changes. Upgrading the brakes, done deal next time there is a problem.

Quick Reply: audi reliability