Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

BOSE stereo in SAFE mode....need code

Old 02-19-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOSE stereo in SAFE mode....need code

I thought I'd go ahead and try another post as I'm seeming to have no luck. My BOSE stereo system is displaying "SAFE" accross the screen, and according to the manual, I need a code to unlock this. I bought my car used, and there is no trace of the code anywhere in the manuals or in the car. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or know who I can contact?? Also, the radio manual that came with my car is for a different model than the one I have, so the buttons and instructions for de-activating the "SAFE" mode are different. I'm not even sure how to go about entering the code if I had one. Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:30 AM

you'll need to pull the radion and get the S/N then call the dealer with your VIN and S/N
Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 AM

Default Unfortunately you'll have to take it to a dealer, if you don't have the code.

They'll remove the radio to get the ID number and then run your VIN into the computer to get your code.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Isn't it also sometimes printed on the build sticker in the trunk or am i thinking of another car?!?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If it is your stock/original radio, the dealer can get the radio code from your VIN
Old 02-19-2008, 11:58 AM

Default Re: If it is your stock/original radio, the dealer can get the radio code from your VIN

Thanks everyone. It is my stock radio, so I'm assuming I'll just have the dealer look up my code.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dscottjr is correct... when the car is new....

there is a computer printed label stuck to the spare tire well's wall. There is a large 4 digit code at the top. This is the safe code. Hopefully it is still there.

If you bought the car used from an audi dealer, they are obligated to give you this code.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Some have it, some don't I took a picture of the sticker in the rear and my radio code wasn't on it.

My code was in with the owners manual when buying the car new. Dealer told me not to lose that # or the # printout attached to one of the keys which I assume was for getting replacement keys.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: BOSE stereo in SAFE mode....need code

In the user manual for the Symphony radio, when it explains how to enter a code, there is a section where it says something like, "Don't do this because it will cause the code to be 0000." So if you don't mind your code being 0000, I guess you could use their warning as a method to change the code.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:14 AM

Default Re: BOSE stereo in SAFE mode....need code

The manual to my car's stereo is the one that came with the car, but the stereo is a different model, so it doesn't have the same buttons for unlocking it. I've been trying to contact the dealer, and I can't get a hold of anyone. The last I heard (from the secretary) was that I may need to get a new stereo! I guess I'll just have to take it in and see what they say.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BOSE stereo in SAFE mode....need code