Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Less than an hour after I filled out the AoA Customer Care form, I received a call (DIS related)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Less than an hour after I filled out the AoA Customer Care form, I received a call (DIS related)...

... from Heather with AoA. She wanted a verbal explanation of my issue with the fading DIS. I shared with her what many of us are experiencing with, what appeared to be premature, fading DIS... in particular C5 model cars. I told her mine started fading at 55K miles and quickly went down hill.

Then I asked her if a recall or an action for out-of-warranty owners has been created yet by AoA for this particular issue. She said no, nothing has been done and she is not aware of plans to do so. She said that if you get this repaired, keep your receipt and you will be reimbursed if a recall or other action is taken by AoA. She said she appreciated my taking the time to fill out the form and that AoA has no idea if out-of-warranty owners experience problems unless they hear from the owners directly. ... and, that this helps AoA to determine if there is, in fact, a widespread issue with the DIS or any other component of the car. ... in which case, AoA would then consider an action to create a recall or other measure.

So, moral of the story, speak up and you might get some food. I think we all should be utilizing our numbers here on Audiworld to continue informing AoA of the manufacturing shortcomings of components and engineering design flaws of systems. Obviously, no one car or component manufacturer can make a perfect car or a flawless component. In this instance, my navigation information and car computer information is completely useless and unreadable. I told Heather that due to a flawed DIS, I also receive a useless navigation system and car computer as a byproduct.

Check out the related thread. If you have not submitted your entry yet using the attached link, please do so at your earliest convenience.

Related thread by DJ_JonnyV: https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/195409.phtml<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/forms/customer_relations.htx">http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/forms/customer_relations.htx</a</li></ul>
Old 05-07-2007, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice, I will cross post to the B5S4 forum as many over there have the same issue.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry...DIS stands for what again? Display?? TIA!!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Digital Information System. Nappy, more for you inside...

How do you like the K03/16 hybrids? Just wondering what the feel is between full K04's and factory with your current setup. or, what feel is between chipped K03's and the /16 hybrds. Have you dynoed your ar? Results?

Hopefully we'll get RMcQ's report soon on the RS6 hybrids.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would seem that those with TIP should do the same.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

?????
Old 05-07-2007, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was wondering if we were going to get a TIP owner firing back at Paul... ;-)
Old 05-07-2007, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So....what department would you write to and what exactly would you say?

If you bought your car out of warranty and the display is bad you don't have a lot of reason to bitch to AOA. I think most current owners fall into this catagory.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ;-) So far the 6 speed has been PROVEN to fail more;-)

With a 6 speed it is a matter of WHEN you will need to rebuild it.

The TIP is still a matter of IF you will need to rebuild it.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default These have been going bad FOR YEARS how can they not know about it I have a 98.5 a4 and an 01 a6

that are both failing. the 98 was shot when I bought it in 01 and the 01 is just now fading at the top. my 03 allroad's is still perfect but i am sure it too will go the way of the dodo. it is insulting that they claim to not be aware of it. I would rather they just tell us to pack sand immediately instead of perpetuating false hope.

Quick Reply: Less than an hour after I filled out the AoA Customer Care form, I received a call (DIS related)...