Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

2019 e-tron Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm in Idaho & got one yesterday....I attempted to copy the URL but it won’t work for anyone else. They ask for validation of my email address so it is apparently an invitation only email.

Last edited by Ron.S; 09-16-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, My Money is in, got the invitation yesterday I am in Texas, waited for Model 3 base version and seems like I will pull that reg money out.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LRSIII
Hmm. I've been on their email list for months and didn't receive the email with the option of placing a deposit. Wondering if Audi is prioritizing the California-Emissions states first? I live in Florida.

Anyway, guess I'll know in a couple of days.
I'm in Rhode Island and never even signed up any info about the E Tron. Just received the invitation a few minutes ago.
Will send you mine (chuckle).
Wonder if I got one 'cuz Quonset is their east coast poe? Or maybe 'cuz Rhode Island is building the first offshore wind farm and they know we'll have a steady source of electricity? Jes thinkin....On second thought, nah.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bzcat
Anyone interested in the new e-tron Quattro? We are 12 days away from the debut.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/e-tron-preview

Note: I would put this in the e-tron Quattro forum but we don't have one Who is running this place? One of the most important new Audi model debut in less than 2 weeks and there is not discussion forum for it... Rennlist has had the Mission E/Taycan forum up and running for over a year now.
I'm not interested.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Deposit done.

Haters, please find somewhere else to hate.

I’m loving the idea. Just wish it was an e-tron RS4. But, this looks good. Just trying to figure out whether to commit to getting rid of the Q7. Yikes, when we do triathlon/camping/windsurfing and kiting, we need space, ground clearance and long distance. And then there is snow.

When putting the deposit down, you get two options.
a) “edition one car” - special trim, and comes with assistance packages as standard. $86,000 price.
b) $1,000 to be able to configure later. Not sure I wanted to spend $86k on a car with a battery that might become obsolete. My selection.

We need an e-tron forum!
Is that $86k USD? (Assuming so...)
Old 09-16-2018, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Deposit done.

When putting the deposit down, you get two options.
a) “edition one car” - special trim, and comes with assistance packages as standard. $86,000 price.
b) $1,000 to be able to configure later. Not sure I wanted to spend $86k on a car with a battery that might become obsolete. My selection.

We need an e-tron forum!
Jaguar is asking $85,900 (U.S. currency) plus shipping for the "First Edition" version of their new I-Pace, so it appears Audi is pricing to be competitive with the Jag.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

It is in line with Tesla's X as well at that price.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronsal
I'm in Rhode Island and never even signed up any info about the E Tron. Just received the invitation a few minutes ago.
Will send you mine (chuckle).
Well, I got the invitation email from Audi about an hour ago, so maybe someone at AudiUSA is monitoring this forum.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LRSIII
Well, I got the invitation email from Audi about an hour ago, so maybe someone at AudiUSA is monitoring this forum.
Been slavin' over a hot computer to make sure ya got sent the rascal. Glad to see success!!
Old 09-16-2018, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Not interested, either. Not sure how important this car is, either. Worldwide EV sales are at 1.2% of total car sales. Expected or hoped to grow by 25% by 2024 so that will bring it to 1.5%, unless car sales in total grow at the same rate. So basically these things don't move the needle much. They are quite overpriced for what you get, given that it takes less parts and less time to assemble one. The only country with significant EV sales is Norway thanks to tax payer funded incentives such as free parking, free charging and other perks. If I had a commute, I might consider an EV simply for the benefit of getting access to the HOV lanes. But as it stands I have no interest in a glorified Golf cart. My wife and I do our part for the environment by not putting more polluting and resource consuming human beings into this already overpopulated world and her commute is a 20 minute subway ride with a bit of walking on either end, and I telecommute instead of senselessly driving myself 50+ miles to/from work every day. My wife's car averages about 2300 miles/year. I drive a bit more, but recently have been averaging only about 6000 miles/year since I've started to telecommute compared to the 12k-14k miles/year I did before. If everybody would cut their driving in half, that would be equivalent of all cars instantly getting double their mpg and would solve the world's traffic problems. The long term impact of battery production and recycling at the large scale it would be required to replace all ICE cars isn't exactly very friendly for the environment. I still think Hydrogen might become the future as it leverages much of the existing technology and infrastructure. You can combust it or power a fuel cell with it. No massive batteries required.

Last edited by superswiss; 09-16-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 e-tron Quattro