Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

500 miles and needing service...UGH!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Traveler29
Update. Still at the dealership, day 8. Replaced the module and now can’t get the fault to clear. Said they had to wait and talk to Audi Technical Assistance on Tuesday.
Honestly, it does get embarrassing when neighbors and friends ask about it and why I am driving a loaner when I just got a new car. Not making a good first impression with my friends and neighbors.
Yeah, we’re also sitting with a loner car, a low level q5, which is a far cry from the q7 we traded in or the E1 Etron we bought.

Meanwhile, Audi dealers are calling me to let me know they have Edition ones available if I’m still in the market for a car....
Old 05-25-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by suprspdway
Yeah, we’re also sitting with a loner car, a low level q5, which is a far cry from the q7 we traded in or the E1 Etron we bought.

Meanwhile, Audi dealers are calling me to let me know they have Edition ones available if I’m still in the market for a car....
Supr, what is the issue with your E1?
Old 05-25-2019, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-25-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
I don't know, I thought tronification's "snark" sounded a lot like Tesla Bjorn's actual experience getting his X serviced. Well documented by the known Norwegian Tesla fanboy on his YouTube channel.
People in glass houses...
In my experience there is very little reason to believe that Audi service will be better than Tesla. In fact, my own experience is that Audi warranty service is the worst I've ever received, period. When my A4s went out of warranty I was relieved that I didn't have to set foot in a dealership again unless I was there to buy parts. I bought the A8L and S4 out of warranty because I'm sure as hell not paying for the "privilege" of using an Audi dealer for service, and the cars are fantastic so I was pretty much stuck buying Audi until Tesla came along.

I feel for the OP here. It's pretty crappy to have bought an awesome new car and not be able to enjoy it.

Last edited by Driver1.8; 05-25-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Update. Still at the dealership, day 8. Replaced the module and now can’t get the fault to clear. Said they had to wait and talk to Audi Technical Assistance on Tuesday.
Honestly, it does get embarrassing when neighbors and friends ask about it and why I am driving a loaner when I just got a new car. Not making a good first impression with my friends and neighbors.
Guess this says something about Tesla's one week and 1,000 mile return policy. Audi Porsche and VW have a bad track record for new vehicle introductions in terms of reliability. Not to mention a brand new electric vehicle. My guess is you are on your way to a lemon law claim down the road. This is not a bad thing as I have had 2 Porsches bought back while driving them for a combined four years total.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Question for Driver1.8. How do you set your profile to have your Current and Past cars in your profile, like an autosignature type of thing?
Old 05-28-2019, 05:57 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Question for Driver1.8. How do you set your profile to have your Current and Past cars in your profile, like an autosignature type of thing?
In the grey banner area, click on "User CP", then under "Settings & Options" click on "Edit Signature".
Old 05-28-2019, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Like e-tronDriver said. Also, I've noticed that the sig is not included when I post using a mobile browser.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
In the grey banner area, click on "User CP", then under "Settings & Options" click on "Edit Signature".
Thanks! Trying it now.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Picked up Edition One on 5/23. 300 miles on it.

On 5/27 in evening while staring vehicle, and on 5/28 while starting in morning got a few warnings.

Suspension System Malfunction (you can continue driving)
4wd Malfunction (see dealer for service)
Tire Pressure Fault (see owners manual)
ESC Disabled
Drivers Assist Disabled

Drove to work with these warnings on and called dealer on the way. Have appointment at dealer 5/29 in am.

5/28 upon leaving work in evening and starting car , all warnings cleared and normal.

Will see what ODB scan has to reveal at dealer and report back.

Quick Reply: 500 miles and needing service...UGH!