Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Audi Care. Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always manage to get the dealer to throw in the service. When I ordered the etron I mistakenly included it but the dealer took it off the price when I picked up the car.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffSmith
My dealer, who is a friend, told me the service is required to maintain the Warranty. The "Audi Care " option is about 50% of the actual cost of the required service over the 4 year period.
Not true, not required. Stay away from “your friend”.
The following users liked this post:
Larry David (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S7maybe
The lack of a conventional ICE makes me wonder whether Audi Care is a worthwhile addition. I have it for my 2017 S6 and I've only serviced the car three times as I've only driven 8500 miles in 2-1/2 years. With no oil changes, or transmission to speak of, what are your thoughts on purchasing Audi Care for the e-tron, considering we don't yet know what traditional "service" will be on a BEV?
I never buy any extended warranty or services, it’s just money to line the dealership’s bottom line. The only wear and tear items are the brakes, changing brake fluid, coolant, cabin filter. Not paying 2k for any of these.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
No problem. I passed on the purchase of my reserved e-tron.

Last edited by JeffSmith; 07-06-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Service schedule

Came across this link that appears to be e-tron specific.
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-8-20-2018.pdf
The following users liked this post:
John (aka Daddio) (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-tron maintenance contract

Originally Posted by S7maybe
That's what I figured. I didn't pre-order it and I definitely won't get it now.
Wait to see what the cost would have been for the free maintenance at 10K miles and then order the maintenance contract if it will save money. This per dealer I was at 45 min ago.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default maintenance contract

I never buy any extended warranty or services, it’s just money to line the dealership’s bottom line. The only wear and tear items are the brakes, changing brake fluid, coolant, cabin filter. Not paying 2k for any of these.
I always bought 4 yr maintenence contract when buying a new Mercedes Benz. They tell you exactly what the annual required maintenance will cost if paid at time of service and it was easy to see the savings. Last MB was ML550,saved almost $1200 over 4 years.

Until we know costs from Audi, I would wait to see if it will save money.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Maintenance required to keep warranty intact

Not exactly......Audi DOES require specific maintenance to keep warranty intact, BUT the maintenance does NOT have to be done by Audi.

Found this at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

Do I have to use the dealer for repairs and maintenance to keep my warranty in effect?

No. An independent mechanic, a retail chain shop, or even you yourself can do routine maintenance and repairs on your vehicle. In fact, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which is enforced by the FTC, makes it illegal for manufacturers or dealers to claim that your warranty is void or to deny coverage under your warranty simply because someone other than the dealer did the work. The manufacturer or dealer can, however, require consumers to use select repair facilities if the repair services are provided to consumers free of charge under the warranty.

That said, there may be certain situations where a repair may not be covered. For example, if you or your mechanic replaced a belt improperly and your engine is damaged as a result, your manufacturer or dealer may deny responsibility for fixing the engine under the warranty. However, according to the FTC, the manufacturer or dealer must be able to demonstrate that it was the improper belt replacement — rather than some other defect — that caused the damage to your engine. The warranty would still be in effect for other parts of your car.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

There's no reason you have to buy AudiCare right now, you can wait until you hit 10,000 miles and then decide at that time. I bought it at delivery because i had a $100 off coupon, otherwise i would have waited.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hgmobile1
Came across this link that appears to be e-tron specific.
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-8-20-2018.pdf
So who is up to pay the glorified cabin filter change at $300+ dollars? As I have suspected, the minor service is just check this check that, then they get you with the cabin filter and charge you $300+ out the door.

Even the standard service (every 2 years), mostly checking the box. Changing brake fluid is optional? Are they kidding?

Quick Reply: Audi Care. Yes or No?