Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Boston E-Tron Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DMcDnald
The Tesla supercharger network has a huge advantage on us at the moment. I have been working with Westwood Audi for a while now. I have always been pleased with their service. Free loaners with unlimited miles. .
I have also had our cars serviced at Westwood for a very long time and am very happy. I hope things do not change now that Aaron is no longer in charge of service. He was outstanding.

Same thoughts about fast chargers. I can't understand, for example, why there is none (other than Tesla) at the Hookset rest stop.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perlfather
Same thoughts about fast chargers. I can't understand, for example, why there is none (other than Tesla) at the Hookset rest stop.
They're expensive. According to an (old) interview with the rest area manager, Tesla spent $300K installing those chargers. The rest area had tried to get other charging networks interested, but no-one wanted to pay for the installation.

However, Electrify America has identified the route from Boston to Canada (up I93, across I89) as part of their Cycle 2 plans, and intends to install a station in the Concord NH area. No details on exactly where, yet.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:29 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by perlfather
I have also had our cars serviced at Westwood for a very long time and am very happy. I hope things do not change now that Aaron is no longer in charge of service. He was outstanding.

We have been servicing our Audi’s at Westwood Audi for several years and have always been happy with their service. I have also had good luck at Audi Norwell, but they are not close to where I live. I would avoid Audi Natick (Bernardi).
Old 03-31-2019, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nickel Slots,

I have had a generally positive experience at Audi Burlington which is closest to where I live. Service staff are always courteous but sometimes cannot explain things to the level of detail I would like. In those cases, they have all but once let me speak directly with the mechanics working on my Q5. The waiting area is nothing to phone home about. Loaner availability has to be reserved ahead of time. I had one visit to Audi Brookline (when I was towed there after a complete engine seizure). They were very helpful when it came to working with Audi USA to authorize an engine replacement under warranty (even though the deadline had passed because of a known issue with the lubrication system). Once approved they did the work very quickly and with perfect execution.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickel Slots

Since the e-Tron is fairly new tech for Audi (and it doesn't appear to do OTA updates)...
Audi talked about their "Functions on Demand" in Las Vegas
see here : https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...11175/download

With the market introduction of the Audi e-tron, the brand is taking a big step toward digital business as a new business segment. Beginning in mid-2019, customers will be granted the flexibility to book various functions from the fields of lighting
for the first time, customers can now also book functions that were not selected during the initial configuration on demand after the vehicle has been delivered to them. Customers can select between various terms in the process. If they want to get to know a function first before committing themselves, they can book a one-time, one-month test phase ...
Old 05-02-2019, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
. I would avoid Audi Natick (Bernardi).
Can you elaborate? My e-Tron reservation is tied to that dealership (due Juyl/August) and now I'm worried.

Also, is any area dealer offering pricing other than MSRP?
Old 05-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by tangible
Can you elaborate? My e-Tron reservation is tied to that dealership (due Juyl/August) and now I'm worried.

Also, is any area dealer offering pricing other than MSRP?
I have had several bad service experiences at that dealership, so i will not return.
With respect to pricing on the e-tron, a member of this e-tron forum negotiated a $750 Audi Loyalty discount and got them to throw in winter mats, other than that i am not aware of anyone receiving discounts, although by the time your car arrives that may change.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
a member of this e-tron forum negotiated a $750 Audi Loyalty discount
This is a current Audi incentive available to anyone with 2009 or newer Audi. My 2008 S5 seems to be out of luck.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm headed to Audi Westwood tomorrow morning for a test drive of the e-Tron. Should be fun!
Old 05-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by DMcDnald
I'm headed to Audi Westwood tomorrow morning for a test drive of the e-Tron. Should be fun!
I drove it today, it's nice!

Quick Reply: Boston E-Tron Club