Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

CA HOV Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default CA HOV Stickers

Any California e-Tron owners received their HOV stickers yet? I filled out the paperwork and sent it in (with check) over a month ago but the check has not even been cashed yet. I've read it can take 2-4 weeks for the DMV to cash the check then another week to receive the stickers but wondering about any recent experience with e-Tron owners. I'm wondering if the DMV is confused given this is a new model. They do list the model as eligible but I don't know about you but my paperwork when done at the Audi dealership came out as "2019 A3 ETRON" (obviously erroneous data in their computer). Of course this could just be regular DMV slowness. One does wonder how it can take weeks to process something like this.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not yet... I submitted mine on May 21st. The DMV just cashed the check on July 3rd. I'm expecting to see them in the mail this week.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Haven't received mine yet. Still contemplating whether they are worth it to me; limited commute use and really ugly purple stickers on my new car!

Going to mount them on protection film so more easily removable. Tesla California 2019 HOV Stickers Protection Film

Please post pics when you get them attached. I'd like to see some placement options.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm not going to put all 4 stickers on the car. I plan to place just one small sticker on the lower back right rear bumper area. One of my coworkers did this on his Model X a few years ago. CHP hasn't given him any grief for it. I have seen quite a few other Teslas with also just one sticker.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mjeaton
Not yet... I submitted mine on May 21st. The DMV just cashed the check on July 3rd. I'm expecting to see them in the mail this week.
Makes you wonder what they are doing at the DMV. Let's see, they need to review your application, which presumably means typing your VIN and license plate number into a computer which verifies your car is registered and eligible. Then they deposit your check, which presumably is as simple as a scan for the bank. I guess 6 weeks for that sounds about right.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
Haven't received mine yet. Still contemplating whether they are worth it to me; limited commute use and really ugly purple stickers on my new car!

Going to mount them on protection film so more easily removable. Tesla California 2019 HOV Stickers Protection Film

Please post pics when you get them attached. I'd like to see some placement options.
Agree that the stickers are really ugly and it's unfortunate to put them on such a beautiful car. I have that protection film ready to go so at least they will come off when expired. Amazing how we can buy things like this online and receive it in just a couple of days but it takes the DMV over a month to process a simple form!
Old 07-09-2019, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Isn't it one or the other? In other words, if you get the HOV stickers you can't apply for the CA $2,500 EV rebate or am I getting this wrong? Last I checked the rebate has dried up and was waiting for more funding which you can go on a list for. It seems the only people that can get both HOV sticker and rebate are ones who meet an income threshold
Old 07-09-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hrc1079
Isn't it one or the other? In other words, if you get the HOV stickers you can't apply for the CA $2,500 EV rebate or am I getting this wrong? Last I checked the rebate has dried up and was waiting for more funding which you can go on a list for. It seems the only people that can get both HOV sticker and rebate are ones who meet an income threshold
It isn't either/or. Anyone is eligible for the HOV stickers. The rebates have income limits. $150k single/$300k joint.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hrc1079
If you receive the CRVP you can not get the HOV sticker. However, CRVP funding has been exhausted except for a special increased rebate for qualified incomes (basically less than 300% of the Federal poverty level).

More info here:

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/r...funding-status
Old 07-09-2019, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes I received them last Friday! It took 8 weeks to get them which was double the amount of time it took for my prior EV's I read there is a huge uptake in EV registration in CA and that the HOV dept is remained the same size

Quick Reply: CA HOV Stickers