Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe
I spoke to my dealer again. He stated that every single A3 E-tron lease had AFS returning the $4,500 credit to the customer as a cap cost reduction. He also confirmed that AFS will do the same with $7,500 E-tron credit. I'll try to confirm with AFS directly. To answer your question, I guess if it is passed on as a cap cost reduction, it no longer matter what your tax liability is. It's as if you negotiated a $7,500 discount on your car. My dealer is Audi Tacoma, outside Seattle.
This is great news! If true, I'm leaning towards the lease option. Seems prudent on a first gen EV from Audi, though I have no doubt it will be the nicest car to this point in my life.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Reliantg
I'm not him but a few reasons I would:

Interior - Grey Wood Inlays instead of the brown look much better to me. This cannot be changed for regular orders.
Exterior Color: I don't personally care about Daytona Grey but others might.
Wheels: Bigger Aero wheels look kinda cool.
Availability: These come first and likely will hold any small resale advantage over regular e-trons.
Misc: Night Vision - I don't care about this but someone might. Can't configure this as well.
Much appreciated! I am keeping my Prestige config.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was offered the possibility of switching to an Edition One by my dealer, but chose to stay with the Prestige I reserved on December 4, 2018. There were at least three reasons why I chose to remain with the Prestige: 1) I do not care for aluminum inserts in place of the black inserts along the bottom of the doors. Just my opinion, but I believe black looks better against Typhoon Gray (which I ordered) than does the aluminum. 2) the 21-inch aero wheels are beautiful, but I prefer the softer ride of 20-inch wheels. 3) I do prefer the gray to the brown insert, but that can be changed with either an Audi replacement part or by having the area wrapped. Wrapping provides virtually limitless possibilities and is easily removed if required by the dealer upon the termination of a lease.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I could have been happy either way. Not casting aspersions. My post was simply to thank LessCode for bringing the possibility of getting an Edition One to my attention. I had thought I missed that train and the spec was growing on me. Everyone has their "thing". I was washing my car a couple days ago, and it occurred to me that, yes, I like bright brake calipers!

Old 03-17-2019, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I am located in located in MA, USA and ordered a Galaxy Blue Prestige (21" wheels, towing package). Reservation date: 9/15. Lock date of 3/8. MyAudi still at config locked state but a call to Audi support confirmed a 4/5 scheduled build date. I reserved within minutes of the early reservation notification e-mail and my dealer tells me I am #1 on their list.

I have a BMW i3 (charge port right rear) now and am trying to decide if I need to reposition my garage charger. I have seen a few videos suggesting that US E-trons will only have a single charge port (left front) rather than both sides as is the case for European models. Does anyone know the answer to this?
Old 03-17-2019, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

You are correct that the US will get 1 port on the front drivers side. My JuiceBox comes with a 24 foot cord. You can buy extensions to add another 24 ft of length. For me I'll probably back the car into the garage to position the port close to the charger.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the answer and suggestions. Now that I know, I can plan accordingly.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DMcDnald
You are correct that the US will get 1 port on the front drivers side. My JuiceBox comes with a 24 foot cord. You can buy extensions to add another 24 ft of length. For me I'll probably back the car into the garage to position the port close to the charger.
Interesting. I was at my dealer’s launch event a few days ago, and the two U.S. spec cars they had there had the ports on both sides. I had also read that we would only get them on the driver side. I asked and was told that we will get them on both sides.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

The NA product engineering manager has confirmed driver side only charging for NA.

I'm certainly planning on revising my cable for the Etron.

One trick I have learned is to suspend the cable right by the charge door rather than holster it if possible. That way you don't need to move EVSE, just redeploy 25 ft cable. IMHO all charge cables should be default deployed on suspension.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

@S7maybe I believe that the cars which are making the US dealer circuit are actually European models (with normal mirrors) which are being transported by car carrier from city to city and are not street legal here. Charging ports on both sides would have been a nice option for the US markets but it looks like the consensus is that it will be driver side only.. I will investigate theo1000's cable suspension suggestion to see if it will allow me to keep my charger in its current location.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change