Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
That is really on your dealer to provide...and what separates a good dealer, from the usual
Upon what do you base your observation?
Old 04-23-2019, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I'm a dealer...and have sold many cars to forum members. They can easily tell you the level of detail I provide on a purchase, whether an E-Tron or not. I've done multiple factory builds for members here.

The onus is on me to provide that information and communication - I am the liason, and that is what I am getting paid to do.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm a dealer...and have sold many cars to forum members. They can easily tell you the level of detail I provide on a purchase, whether an E-Tron or not. I've done multiple factory builds for members here.

The onus is on me to provide that information and communication - I am the liason, and that is what I am getting paid to do.
Just a quick note that in my opinion, you can take the information provided by SCarGuy to the bank. He is the real deal.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for that information. It has be quite a few years since I ordered a car and so have not sought updates from the dealer. In recent years I have been able to find what I was looking for on the showroom floor. Ordinarily, I had an abundance of cars from which to choose, especially when I lived in Los Angeles or 35 years ago in Philadelphia. I have never before "bought" a car virtually sight-unseen. I prefer wandering about the car lot and making the deal right then and there. It is a completely different experience having to wait just a day or two while the car was being "prepped" and having to wait ten months while not even knowing if a deal can be made.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No doubt about it, this is a very different way of doing things, both for the client and for Audi as a brand. The process is, in many ways, a test bed. Once deliveries begin in the coming weeks, I will be in a better position to gauge my thoughts, and hear client thoughts.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SCarGuy - Thank you for your valuable input. Are you comfortable opining on which is most efficient...a 3 year lease or paying full cash (no loan)? One thing that clouds this issue for me is my belief that the residuals/value of the e tron will be dramatically lower (than an ICE vehicle) due to the rapid advances, anticipated, in the electrical vehicle industry. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Residual is always an interesting topic, because it involves a definite crystal ball, which of course, none of us have. Every manufacturer, I don't care who it is, or what level of car, pads the residual a little (or some brands, a lot) on a lease. It, like an incentive, helps drive sales, and, driving lease sales ensures preowned inventory in a relatively short window. Every brand insures themselves against the market fluctuations - similar to GAP on a financed purchase.

For me, a big consideration is value of the cash now, vs future value in 3 years - do I need that cash? Might I need that cash? Or, is that cash, or lack thereof, not affecting life one bit. If I hold it, and put it somewhere, what can I expect it to be worth 3 years from now?

I think if it were me, given how it seems Audi is doing the Fed tax credit, I'd lease it - and at the end of the relatively short term, decide if I want the new one, or, there will certainly be many more options in the market to consider. I don't have to deal with what actual market value did, as I paid for my use, and then had the field wide open to me at the end of the lease te Erm.

I definitely understand the flip side - there are some that like the idea of ownership, and title to something.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I lived near you SCarGuy. I go for honesty over everything else. Thank you for your awesome feedback.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If I can ever help, let me know. I’ve handled sales as far away as SoCal, Texas, Montana, Florida, etc
Old 04-23-2019, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

If I can ever help, let me know. I’ve handled sales as far away as SoCal, Texas, Montana, Florida, etc
Do you know when the lease deals are going to be available? Audi told me to just ring them directly and go through them when the time comes. Not sure if it’s best to just do that or work with the dealer directly.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change