Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Mine arrived at Benicia port yesterday in Northern California but it’s on the recall list so it’s going to sit there for weeks if not months for Audi to fix and deal
With the backlog
Old 06-11-2019, 08:00 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
I tried using my Googlese and process of elimination to figure out my ship. My best guess now is the Viking Conquest. First person at the dealership could not confirm, but I may have more information on Wednesday.
If your car has shipped, the dealer should easily be able to look up the name of the ship on your order. The name of the vessel is listed in Audi's online order system.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
If your car has shipped, the dealer should easily be able to look up the name of the ship on your order. The name of the vessel is listed in Audi's online order system.
That's what I thought. My sales rep did not know how to check it, but I'll push for it when I'm there tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
That's what I thought. My sales rep did not know how to check it, but I'll push for it when I'm there tomorrow.
See attached copy of my order status document. This is what the dealer sees online. On the first page under "Logistics", the vessel name will be listed next to "Ocean Shipping Vessel".
Attached Files
Old 06-11-2019, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Cool, thanks for all the details.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine has been 'leaving factory' since mid April. Must be a really loooong factory. The e-Tron hotline people have zero shipping information and there's no point calling them unless you're in a masochistic mood.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My last contact from Audi was March 28 "In Production". Since then I have been "Leaving the Factory" and "En Route"---with NO contact from Audi nor from the Dealer. In March I advised my Dealer I was going to pass. He asked me to not notify Audi and let it arrive here so they could sell it. When it arrives I will take advantage of the test drive and then pass. Not enough range or infrastructure for my needs. I will start looking for an EV this Fall. Hopefully by then the infrastructure that was promised 2 years ago will be in place and the range will be where Audi said it would be.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by COe-Tron
My last contact from Audi was March 28 "In Production". Since then I have been "Leaving the Factory" and "En Route"---with NO contact from Audi nor from the Dealer. In March I advised my Dealer I was going to pass. He asked me to not notify Audi and let it arrive here so they could sell it. When it arrives I will take advantage of the test drive and then pass. Not enough range or infrastructure for my needs. I will start looking for an EV this Fall. Hopefully by then the infrastructure that was promised 2 years ago will be in place and the range will be where Audi said it would be.

If you plan to pass on the E-tron, be careful taking the car for a test drive. I was in the same boat, planning to cancel, but today I got a loaner from the local dealer for an all day test drive, took it over the mountains, around town, through traffic, drove it 180 miles total including up a 4000' mountain pass, and at speeds around 65-75 MPH for most of the miles. I then took it to a newly opened Electrify America station and charged it before returning it to the dealer. It is an amazing car, and hit several best in class benchmarks IMO. Interior noise level at any speed = Best in Class Brake by wire smoothness and refinement = Best in class Infotainment Best in class, and although different I like it better than Tesla's. The integration with wireless Apple Car Play was great, and the wireless charging socket is the best OEM installed version I have seen. Suspension Refinement is by FAR best in class when comparing to other EV's (I find Tesla S and X to be jarring over bumpy roads) Road Holding at freeway speeds = best in class Charging time = Best in Class (Compared to Tesla X, and I-Pace) As for range I figure the car has a realistic 200-225 mile range, I think I could get more out of it if I kept to 60 MPH on the freeway, but it charges SO FAST, so who cares... At the Electrify America charging station (took 3 tries to authorize my payment) it went to immediately to 145 kW charging rate, and then ramped to 150kW (see attached pictures) Just over 20 minutes later, I was back on the way and over 85% SOC. Today was 85 degrees F, and the A/C was running constantly to keep the car interior at 71F. The estimator in the dash said my day average was 4.1 km per kWh which is 2.55 miles per kWh and makes the range with 84 kWh usable around 214 miles which is about what I figured, but I went up a mountain pass at the speed limit, and drove the car as I typically do, no hypermiling, but also no jackrabbit starts. Note my borrowed car has the first edition wheels, but it's not a first edition?

Likes;

NHV refinement
brake by wire
wireless charging (phone)
massage seats
great A/C system
power shade for sunroof
adaptive cruise with lane keeping
haptic feedback on touchscreen

Nissan Leaf owner drooling over the charge rate... haha!

My only dislike is the shifter, and that is a minor nit... I will be purchasing mine when it comes in (it has arrived Houston, so will not be long).

Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

[QUOTE=I will be purchasing mine when it comes in (it has arrived Houston, so will not be long).[/QUOTE]

Hopefully yours isn’t on the recall list. Seems like mine will be sitting on the dock in NorCal for quite some time. Was expecting to take delivery next week or the week after but that’s all gone to crap now!
Old 06-12-2019, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone know what “Ocean Shipping Vessel 247” is?
That is what my vehicle details sheet states.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change