Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

Home Charging Options

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

Home Charging Options

Old 05-15-2019, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

After only two weeks, I got fed up with the charging cable system provided by Audi. No wall mounting bracket included created loose and unorganized cable coils on the floor of the garage and having to push the button on the charging brick each time I plugged in due to it defaulting to 50% every time. So fed up, I paid for and installed a JuiceBox Pro 40. Mounts to the wall easily, no delay when using their app, intuitive and easy to use. Come on Audi, please get your S%&T together!

Old 05-16-2019, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Traveler29 View Post
After only two weeks, I got fed up with the charging cable system provided by Audi. No wall mounting bracket included created loose and unorganized cable coils on the floor of the garage and having to push the button on the charging brick each time I plugged in due to it defaulting to 50% every time. So fed up, I paid for and installed a JuiceBox Pro 40. Mounts to the wall easily, no delay when using their app, intuitive and easy to use. Come on Audi, please get your S%&T together!
Looks good! Did you go with the hardwired version of the JuiceBox? Your power cable looks longer than my plug-in version.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just love my JuiceBox Pro 40!
Old 05-16-2019, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeffbtx View Post
Looks good! Did you go with the hardwired version of the JuiceBox? Your power cable looks longer than my plug-in version.
Yes, I went with the hardwired version as I thought it would look a bit cleaner. Installed and hardwired myself to an already existing outlet. Very easy to do. I always have the Audi POS if i need a plug in.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is there any issues 'clicking' in the juice box pro? Some had reported issues on another site.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by theo1000 View Post
Is there any issues 'clicking' in the juice box pro? Some had reported issues on another site.
So far, I have not experienced any issues "clicking" from the e-tron. The "nozzle" on the end of the JuiceBox cable is the exact same shape as the Audi one so I don't know why others would be having any issues.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have two ChargePiont charging devices in my garage. They work great never had any issues with either one. Also nice that you can just program in your utility provider and it looks after the timing of charging so I don't need to program the MMI delay charge program in the car.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

When inserting the connector of the JuiceBox 40, a slight lifting of the handle clicks it in to place. Very simple. BTW with modest driving I'm exceeding the posted range. On my 50 miles commute home from my office tonight, I used about 40 miles of range. Mostly flat surfaces, using manual regeneration (2 clicks). Outstanding vehicle in all, aspects (except for no heated steering wheel or AM radio). It's not as quick as a Model 3, but the build quality is outstanding.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very encouraging. Good to hear you're satisfied.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Maybe we had issues with the never used connector, but it was hard to get it to click. Thereís no reason it should have been hard. The Audi one worked perfectly the first time, but we had to play with it a lot to the point we had to use the Audi unit for a few days. Now it works fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Home Charging Options

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: