Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Home Charging Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After only two weeks, I got fed up with the charging cable system provided by Audi. No wall mounting bracket included created loose and unorganized cable coils on the floor of the garage and having to push the button on the charging brick each time I plugged in due to it defaulting to 50% every time. So fed up, I paid for and installed a JuiceBox Pro 40. Mounts to the wall easily, no delay when using their app, intuitive and easy to use. Come on Audi, please get your S%&T together!

Old 05-16-2019, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Traveler29
After only two weeks, I got fed up with the charging cable system provided by Audi. No wall mounting bracket included created loose and unorganized cable coils on the floor of the garage and having to push the button on the charging brick each time I plugged in due to it defaulting to 50% every time. So fed up, I paid for and installed a JuiceBox Pro 40. Mounts to the wall easily, no delay when using their app, intuitive and easy to use. Come on Audi, please get your S%&T together!
Looks good! Did you go with the hardwired version of the JuiceBox? Your power cable looks longer than my plug-in version.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Just love my JuiceBox Pro 40!
Old 05-16-2019, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeffbtx
Looks good! Did you go with the hardwired version of the JuiceBox? Your power cable looks longer than my plug-in version.
Yes, I went with the hardwired version as I thought it would look a bit cleaner. Installed and hardwired myself to an already existing outlet. Very easy to do. I always have the Audi POS if i need a plug in.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Is there any issues 'clicking' in the juice box pro? Some had reported issues on another site.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by theo1000
Is there any issues 'clicking' in the juice box pro? Some had reported issues on another site.
So far, I have not experienced any issues "clicking" from the e-tron. The "nozzle" on the end of the JuiceBox cable is the exact same shape as the Audi one so I don't know why others would be having any issues.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two ChargePiont charging devices in my garage. They work great never had any issues with either one. Also nice that you can just program in your utility provider and it looks after the timing of charging so I don't need to program the MMI delay charge program in the car.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

When inserting the connector of the JuiceBox 40, a slight lifting of the handle clicks it in to place. Very simple. BTW with modest driving I'm exceeding the posted range. On my 50 miles commute home from my office tonight, I used about 40 miles of range. Mostly flat surfaces, using manual regeneration (2 clicks). Outstanding vehicle in all, aspects (except for no heated steering wheel or AM radio). It's not as quick as a Model 3, but the build quality is outstanding.
The following users liked this post:
Earth And Main (06-30-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Very encouraging. Good to hear you're satisfied.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe we had issues with the never used connector, but it was hard to get it to click. There’s no reason it should have been hard. The Audi one worked perfectly the first time, but we had to play with it a lot to the point we had to use the Audi unit for a few days. Now it works fine.

Quick Reply: Home Charging Options