Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Locked 3/8, left factory 4/11. Audi advised the car will arrive in July.

Last edited by suttoni; 04-11-2019 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Edited to post only basic info.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pkulak
That's a good idea. If everyone listed every option, and if they are in production yet, it probably wouldn't be tough to find what holds up the works. I have the fancy wipers on mine, and every single other option, but on PP. So you have to think it's the Prestige trim, but lots of folks have that on the boat already. Could be a trim piece, or upholstery color...
Mine is Prestige, I think every option except tow pkg. Typhoon Gray, black interior. 9/18 order, 3/8 lock, 21" turbine wheels. Was supposed to go into production 4/5, told today it is now ESTIMATED for production week of 5/6. Something caused it to push out 30 days. Since later reservations got moved in front of it, that tells me it's not lack of batteries or labor. FWIW, they are aware that we aren't happy about the lack of information and transparency. Their response to that was to start quoting the delivery time frames we are starting to see (14 to 16 weeks). Unfortunately my confidence in anything before "leaving factory" is pretty low.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:05 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
Here are my details:
Ordered 10/25/18 - Locked 3/28 - Currently gearing up for production
Prestige - Manhattan Gray Metallic
Valcona leather Okapi Brown
Towing package
Audi Guard Protection Kit
Cold Weather package
21" 15-spoke-turbine design Bi-color wheels
7-pin Socket for Audi Towing Hitch
Rear side airbags and illuminated seat belt buckles
Privacy Cargo Cover
My order is a Prestige in Galaxy Blue/Black, and has the same options as Larry's. Maybe it's the 21" wheels that are holding up production?
Old 04-12-2019, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My suspicion is that it's the rear seat air bags. I ordered a loaded Prestige on September 16, and Audi built it on March 8. However, they left off the rear seat air bags package. When I protested that they didn't build the vehicle I ordered, they put me back in the line with a new production date sometime later this month.

Last edited by LRSIII; 04-12-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LRSIII
My suspicion is that it's the rear seat air bags. I ordered a loaded Prestige on September 16, and Audi built in on March 8. However, they left off the rear seat air bags package. When I protested that they didn't build the vehicle I ordered, they put me back in the line with a new production date sometime later this month.
That might be it. I thought I ordered the rear seat airbags but it was missing from my "locked configuration". My order date was 1/28, locked config 3/28, gearing up 4/3, in production 4/5. I ordered Prestige, Manhattan Gray, black interior, 21 inch wheels but no tow package so maybe that's the constraint.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I too thought I ordered the rear airbags and lighted seat belts, but I can't find it on the configuration that's being built...
Old 04-12-2019, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Pkulak,
Then I am not the only one. I swore I added the rear airbags and lighted seat belts and then when I checked my configuration the other day the site did not sure them. I called the Audi support line and they are seeing if they can add them back. They are looking in to it.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Pkulak,
Then I am not the only one. I swore I added the rear airbags and lighted seat belts and then when I checked my configuration the other day the site did not sure them. I called the Audi support line and they are seeing if they can add them back. They are looking in to it.
Oh good idea. I emailed my dealer, but it's probably way better to call that support line.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:51 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Pkulak,
That option has recently been removed from my configuration as well!
Old 04-12-2019, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I looked on my "reservation details" page, and the rear side airbags and lighted seat belt buckles are not listed even though I am positive I ordered them. However, when I configured an identical e tron with that option, the MSRP came out exactly the same as what is listed on my reservation details page (minus the $995 destination fee). So maybe the "reservation details" page just leaves out that option due to a glitch?

Quick Reply: March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)