Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Hopefully for everyone's sake Audi will provide some flexibility with delivery timing. Early for some, late for others, everyone happy.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbtx
That might be it. I thought I ordered the rear seat airbags but it was missing from my "locked configuration". My order date was 1/28, locked config 3/28, gearing up 4/3, in production 4/5. I ordered Prestige, Manhattan Gray, black interior, 21 inch wheels but no tow package so maybe that's the constraint.
Same here. Ordered the rear airbags, was scheduled for 4/5 and now delayed. And the airbags are now missing from my config, like everyone else.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suprspdway
Did anyone order an Edition One? If so, were there any additional choices to add on to the build, such as rear air bags, towing, rims, or cold package? Just curious if all of the Edition ones are truly factory identical or will there be some that do Tow for example.
There was no option to add any additional packages. Cold package is included standard. Towing and rear air bag packages were not available. Below is the list of additional accessories offered to me by the dealer after the reservation was placed:

AFK - Audi first aid kit
ALB - Audi cargo box
CPK - Paint Protection: Rear load sill/door cup/door edge
EBC - Base Carrier Bars with Storage Bag
ECM - Cargo Mat (Included in EPK)
EIK - Interior Protection Kit (A/W Mats with Microfibre Screen Cloth)
EPK - Audi Guard Protection Kit (Like above, plus the Cargo Mat)
ETM - Audi Guard All Weather Floor Mats - Black with e-tron logo (Included in EIK & EPK)
ETP - Privacy Trunk Cover
LUC - USB Cables
SPC - Seven Pin Connector for Towing Hitch

I ended up going with ALB, EPK, ETP, and LUC (assuming I decide to keep the order after the EPA range bomb)
Old 04-12-2019, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. I just was curious having missed the Edition one option of they were all factory the same or if there were variants due to options. I’m pleased with the prestige. Although I really think that as cool as the Edition one is, they could have had a totally unique color option instead of a recycled mass use option. I do love the gray, and it would have been my go to choice, but my wife would have picked differently.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:02 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

My Galaxy Blue Prestige just changed to "In Production" this morning, April 13. 8 days after the original production date of 4/5. Ordered 9/17, locked 3/8.

Last edited by e-tronDriver; 04-13-2019 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Colors & options

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
My Galaxy Blue Prestige just changed to "In Production" this morning, April 13. 8 days after the original production date of 4/5. Ordered 9/17, locked 3/8.
thats great! I hope that the mileage is less of an issue than on paper. I assume we’ll be ok either way. Our prestige q7 is a fabulous car, and the tech is amazing, so I can only assume the e-Tron will not disappoint. We assume it will be soon....
worst case scenario is that we sell it after a few months or so and take the bath that happens on any short term car investment/mistake. I’m optimistic it will be awesome, and the high number of cancellations may play out well in the way of incentives or a trade in value on our current car, Audi may already feel the need to make the weary reservation holder stay on board....
Old 04-13-2019, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default We have a VIN!

So, after reading the member comments I called the dealer to see if I could learn anything new. They confirmed that we have a car and provided us a vin number. They were a bit vague on anything too specific except to provide us with a short document that listed our vin and minimal specs.

They were very eager, however, to know as much detail about us as they could, like how we were going to purchase the vehicle, cash or loan, lease, etc.

they also mentioned that they still did not know that price of the vehicle, of which I did not ask because the price was available to us at the time of ordering, as we all know.

what concerns me is the heading on the spec sheet that says “actual prices set by the dealer. Final invoice cost and MSRP are subject to change at anytime before invoicing.”

Is this to imply that the dealers can (and will) inflate the price from the actual price that was advertised at the launch event and published as the price when we built our model?
Old 04-13-2019, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, after reading the member comments I called the dealer to see if I could learn anything new. They confirmed that we have a car and provided us a vin number. They were a bit vague on anything too specific except to provide us with a short document that listed our vin and minimal specs.

They were very eager, however, to know as much detail about us as they could, like how we were going to purchase the vehicle, cash or loan, lease, etc.

they also mentioned that they still did not know that price of the vehicle, of which I did not ask because the price was available to us at the time of ordering, as we all know.

what concerns me is the heading on the spec sheet that says “actual prices set by the dealer. Final invoice cost and MSRP are subject to change at anytime before invoicing.”

Is this to imply that the dealers can (and will) inflate the price from the actual price that was advertised at the launch event and published as the price when we built our model?
It means just what it says. The final figures are set by the dealer. I cannot say for sure, but I believe it is illegal for a manufacturer to dictate the selling price to the retailer (dealer). It would be like Heinz telling Walmart what it can sell a bottle of ketchup for.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
I cannot say for sure, but I believe it is illegal for a manufacturer to dictate the selling price to the retailer (dealer). It would be like Heinz telling Walmart what it can sell a bottle of ketchup for.
This is not true at all. It is well known that Ferrari, for example, prohibits dealers from selling new cars above MSRP. This has lead to the fairly universal practice, among Ferrari dealers, of selling new cars to their best customers, having them drive them around for a couple of months, and then selling it back to the dealer so that the dealer can then sell the car as an "used" car with low mileage at way over MSRP. In fact, to become a "best customer" you need to buy one or more of these marked up used cars.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

I wouldn't stress about the price just yet. Perhaps if there are many cancellations, dealers may be more willing to provide some incentives. If I don't like the final price, I'll walk away and probably go with a well optioned Model 3.

Quick Reply: March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)