Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

NO AM Radio

 
Old 04-29-2019, 04:35 AM
  #11  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23
Default

Traveler29 thank you for sharing your heart-felt concerns about the simple question "is there an AM radio?". It was one of thousands of questions and opinions Members have asked about a car that had never been seen, in person, or driven, by most Members prior to reservation- illustrating one of the central functions of this Forum.

I am certain you do not want to limit Members to only ask questions that you feel are worthy. It was a simple question - looking for a YES or NO answer from those few who have now taken possession. I apologize that this question was so troubling to you. You did not answer the question so it remains: Is there a functional AM radio on the e-tron?
JeffSmith is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 07:17 AM
  #12  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Coachella Valley, California
Posts: 171
Default

Originally Posted by JeffSmith View Post
Traveler29 thank you for sharing your heart-felt concerns about the simple question "is there an AM radio?". It was one of thousands of questions and opinions Members have asked about a car that had never been seen, in person, or driven, by most Members prior to reservation- illustrating one of the central functions of this Forum.

I am certain you do not want to limit Members to only ask questions that you feel are worthy. It was a simple question - looking for a YES or NO answer from those few who have now taken possession. I apologize that this question was so troubling to you. You did not answer the question so it remains: Is there a functional AM radio on the e-tron?
Any and all issues that are of concern to a member of this forum, regardless of the level of significance assigned to that concern by another member, deserve to be addressed with the same respect we all would want if we ourselves had asked the question.

Last edited by 1st Audi Owner; 04-29-2019 at 08:06 AM. Reason: grammar
1st Audi Owner is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 08:28 AM
  #13  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by Traveler29 View Post
For the life of me, I can't understand why there is so much energy wasted on whether or not the e-tron has an AM radio. I understand you may be in a rural area or have a special station you like....if you are buying an e-tron, I assume you would have a smart phone??? There are many apps out there that you can add to your phone to get any AM station and then stream to the radio...if you are looking for a cassette tape player or 8-track, I am sorry...cant help with this one.
I will be in mine later today and will post an update here. NBD.
EditionOne is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 10:29 AM
  #14  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by Traveler29 View Post
For the life of me, I can't understand why there is so much energy wasted on whether or not the e-tron has an AM radio. I understand you may be in a rural area or have a special station you like....if you are buying an e-tron, I assume you would have a smart phone??? There are many apps out there that you can add to your phone to get any AM station and then stream to the radio...if you are looking for a cassette tape player or 8-track, I am sorry...cant help with this one.
Please donít turn this into a Tesla forum!
Tronification is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 10:57 AM
  #15  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 41
Default

Thank you EditionOne!
COe-Tron is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 06:01 PM
  #16  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 36
Default

Confirmed - NO AM RADIO on my Edition One (US) model
EditionOne is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 07:12 PM
  #17  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23
Default

Thank you for that feedback and for clarifying that there is no AM radio.
JeffSmith is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:28 PM
  #18  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by EditionOne View Post
Confirmed - NO AM RADIO on my Edition One (US) model
Incorrect.

It's disabled by default, and there is a setting buried in the UI to enable it.

eTron has a AM Radio
madcanadian is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:34 PM
  #19  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 41
Default

Are you able to receive many AM radio stations, while you are driving the e-tron - similar in number to what one receives while driving an ICE vehicle? One poster had the view that the AM signal may be trumped by the EV's electronics...or something like that. Thanks.
COe-Tron is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:39 PM
  #20  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by COe-Tron View Post
Are you able to receive many AM radio stations, while you are driving the e-tron - similar in number to what one receives while driving an ICE vehicle? One poster had the view that the AM signal may be trumped by the EV's electronics...or something like that. Thanks.
While I would like to help, unfortunately I cannot provide a quality assessment of how AM performs in the eTron as I don't listen to AM radio. Someone who uses AM radio should make this assessment.
madcanadian is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NO AM Radio


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: