Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

No more Edition One and some other questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more Edition One and some other questions

I was all set to buy the Audi q8 and then started looking at the e-Tron. Had some questions I was hoping someone knew the answer to:

1. I've seen in this forum options I do not see on the website and the individuals were from the states which is where I'm from. Originally thought it was a European option or something but then saw that wasn't the case. Like the Year One package , Audi Beam Edition One, Orange Brake Calipers, and an option for the Gray Ash wood inlays instead of brown. I leave brown for my house moldings, not my car. Are these options that used to exist and don't now because the car isn't going to be a year one edition by the time you get it?

2. Does anyone who ordered know if you get some kind of number that gives you any indication where you are in the list to get a car? Or any indication how long it will be until you get one? I was going to place an order and see but thought I'd ask first.

3. My local dealership has a enter your information here to get on the list and we will call you for the deposit. I thought the dealers were not super involved in these purchases and were really more just handing paperwork for a nominal payment from Audi? Thinking it's better to buy from the main website?

4. Anyone know where the phone number on the order page goes to?

5. What happens if you have a trade-in? How do you deal with Audi on this since you aren't technically dealing with a sales rep?

Sorry for all the questions but appreciate any input.

Thanks

JR
Old 04-24-2019, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

#1, The following are all US Edition One exclusive ( can not be added - at least for 2019 models) a) Daytona Grey Pearl b) Orangecaliper c) Edition 1 puddle light d) night vision e) Volcano Ash f) the Edition 1 bi-color wheel design
#2, no numbering, but if you contact dealers around you, you may be able to get a hold of a cancellation that is being en route to them. ( and they may keep their own list/queue/numbering)
#3, probably applies to he cancellation list
#4, Audi USA HQ e-tron only hotline
#5, reservation holders have access to "Trade in value estimation tool" by https://app.blackbookinformation.com/app/ - but obviously the actual trade-in value will be determine in-person at teh dealership.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Gerry. So with the Edition One piece in the US. I assume because it's not showing on the site anymore they no longer offer this? Basically for me I'm riding a 10 year old Infiniti FX35 in excellent condition but no warranty so want to get something new soon. If I have to wait a year or two going to get a q8 or something as don't want to pay maintenance costs which have already cost me up to $4k since warranty expiry and sure that's just the start.

Thanks.

JR
Old 04-24-2019, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jriker1
Thanks Gerry. So with the Edition One piece in the US. I assume because it's not showing on the site anymore they no longer offer this? Basically for me I'm riding a 10 year old Infiniti FX35 in excellent condition but no warranty so want to get something new soon. If I have to wait a year or two going to get a q8 or something as don't want to pay maintenance costs which have already cost me up to $4k since warranty expiry and sure that's just the start.

Thanks.

JR
jriker1, the Edition One in the US is a limited edition and only 999 were to made. I guess I am one of the lucky 999. Making any changes or adds when we signed up for the Edition One was not an option. For example, I do not like the style of the Edition One wheels and was told I would have to take them "as is" without any changes. I also wanted to add the towing package and told "no changes".

If anyone would like my Edition One wheels, please let me know.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not that it's relevant anymore, but are your rims the same as the smaller 19" rims on the non Edition One just a bigger version of them? That's what the pics seems to look like.

Wonder if that means they are not going to fill any new orders for over a year if you consider 999 cars in the US are considered Edition One cars or what I would compare to the q8 Year One Package.

Thanks

JR
Old 04-24-2019, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Edit my message if I could but I can't but the below damaged me as a child and not sure if I could bring myself to buy a car with brown wood molding in the car:

movie vehicle - family truckster

Thanks.

JR
Old 04-24-2019, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jriker1
Wonder if that means they are not going to fill any new orders for over a year if you consider 999 cars in the US are considered Edition One cars or what I would compare to the q8 Year One Package.
Many of us with preorders do not have Edition Ones and expect to receive our cars in May-June of this year. Audi already had 20,000 preorders in February of this year so obviously they're filling plenty of orders that aren't Edition Ones.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Due to recent cancellations there may be a few Edition Ones available in the USA. You may have to call around at dealerships and see if they have one.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JR,

I cant specifically speak to your question re the 19" being the same as the Edition One 21" but can tell you IMO they are pretty ugly and do make it look like an "e type" of car. I have attached pictures of my order details page for your reference.

Re your question on Edition One production, I believe the Edition Ones have have already all been manufactured and not holding up any subsequent orders. In fact, my dealer has confirmation that my car has been sitting at the port in Houston for 2-3 weeks already.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Traveler29
JR,
Re your question on Edition One production, I believe the Edition Ones have have already all been manufactured and not holding up any subsequent orders. In fact, my dealer has confirmation that my car has been sitting at the port in Houston for 2-3 weeks already.
Some reservation holders have canceled their orders for Edition One's with the release of the 204MI EPA rating for the eTron.

Try contacting Audi dealerships in a 100mi radius of your location, and you might be able to find an vehicle without an owner.

Quick Reply: No more Edition One and some other questions