Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Photo of your home charger setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 167 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Photo of your home charger setup

Let's see your charging set up at home. Curious how everyone has mounted theirs? Here's mine, the E-Tron factory charger with the over-priced wall mount I bought out of Audi New Orleans. for $ 80.50 (shipped) that my dealer wanted $ 220 for, an $ 8 nozzle holder off Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCD6SV7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCD6SV7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted that holder on a block of wood cut from 4 x 4 to angle the nozzle.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

And w. a Porsche insignia here too!

Old 12-31-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 699 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KA6_2.7T
And w. a Porsche insignia here too!
Nice Juice Box setup. @2KA6_2.7T does your charging cord drape over your hood to access your charging port or do you back in to charge. Or do you have a Euro with charging ports on both sides???
Old 12-31-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
Nice Juice Box setup. @2KA6_2.7T does your charging cord drape over your hood to access your charging port or do you back in to charge. Or do you have a Euro with charging ports on both sides???
I wish I have the Euro ( ports on both sides) . Cable is hanging by the garage opener ( over the hood ) to reach the other side, to avoid damages being on the ground ( and animals)
Also note that I have the Audi mount there before I purchase the JB
Old 12-31-2019, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I wish I have the Euro ( ports on both sides) . Cable is hanging by the garage opener ( over the hood ) to reach the other side, to avoid damages being on the ground ( and animals)
Thank you for the explanation. I would love to know the dollars and cents behind the decision to omit the passenger side charge port on the etron. Or maybe it is a Euro law. But unlike the side mirrors which I kind of understand not being allowed in the US, I have trouble understanding the second charge port.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for the explanation. I would love to know the dollars and cents behind the decision to omit the passenger side charge port on the etron. Or maybe it is a Euro law. But unlike the side mirrors which I kind of understand not being allowed in the US, I have trouble understanding the second charge port.
Cost Savings - because I believe the Taycan has both ports. and some already delivered to US customers
Old 12-31-2019, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Any thoughts having transitioned from the etron charger to the JB? 100% positive? Worthwhile investment? Mixed bag? Any comments?
Old 12-31-2019, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 149 Posts

Any thoughts having transitioned from the etron charger to the JB? 100% positive? Worthwhile investment? Mixed bag? Any comments?
I use the JB and like it better than the Audi one. This is partly out of convenience as I do not have to switch it to 100%. The JB also gives you more stats through the app. I also like that the JB uses thicker wires. So it does not get warm and it seems to be able to deliver a minimal amount of additional power to the car over the Audi one.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Love my JB. I keep the Audi in the frunk for top ups when visiting
Old 12-31-2019, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasW
I use the JB and like it better than the Audi one. This is partly out of convenience as I do not have to switch it to 100%. The JB also gives you more stats through the app. I also like that the JB uses thicker wires. So it does not get warm and it seems to be able to deliver a minimal amount of additional power to the car over the Audi one.
I also prefer using the JB40 for the same reasons. I keep the Audi charger in the frunk and use it at travel destinations that have a 240V outlet in the garage, like my son's house.

Quick Reply: Photo of your home charger setup