Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.
View Poll Results: What is the status of your e-tron reservation?
Plan on taking delivery
22.81%
Plan on taking delivery, but I'll walk without a deal
35.09%
Cancelled due to range projections
14.04%
Cancelled due to configuration limitations
3.51%
Cancelled due to other
1.75%
Honestly don't know what to do
22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

What is the status of your e-tron reservation?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
I sure hope the information upon which you have constructed your timeline is correct. It just seem that quite a few posters have expressed disappointment with the unexpected delays they are experiencing.
I would prefer a Loooong delay. I think the people disappointed are those that paid their reservation fee very early and still don't have a car "in production". I reserved in mid-Feb, locked on 3/28 and went "in production" last week. Why so quick for me? Dunno. Chose Premium Plus and Siam Beige. A lot of the pictures I've seen of produced cars in Germany have Siam Beige, while it doesn't seem to have a high takeup by posters on this forum. Did the color affect it? On 3/20, I asked the site advisor if I could go to the back of the line, or what would the production date be if I made a reservation then (late March). Answer: April/May.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One last observation. I was thinking more from the beginning of the reservation process and of all of the people who reserved last September who continue to wait seven (7) months later without any knowledge of the numbers. This would not have happened in the "old fashioned" way. I do hope your information is correct. I reserved December 4th and I am just recently in "gearing up for production." I hope you get your e-tron as soon as you expect to and enjoy it tremendously.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't want it that soon. I have a lease that is still running. I deliberately reserved late thinking there would be a fairly long line ahead of me. As you pointed out, people have been on the list since Oct of last year. Either the list wasn't that long, or production is way higher than was expected because I just zipped up the line like I was some kind of celebrity bypassing the velvet rope. If the car does come this summer, rather than late this year, as I hoped; I'll be leaving it with the dealer. When the car locked so soon, I asked the dealer if they wanted me to cancel before lock, or let the car come for their stock. They said: "Let it come, please". Looks like there will be no issue with just doing it the "old fashioned way" as my lease end approaches. All the data will be on the table and it'll be a "normal" ordering process--IF there aren't e-Trons "on the floor" at my dealer.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Apparently we are not limited to Audi Financial from which to lease our e-tron. Ally Bank is one alternative. To find out if your dealership is part of the program, all you need do is go to Ally's dealer locator website: https://www.ally.com/auto/dealer-locator/. The person with whom I spoke by phone at Ally Bank told me that we could ask our dealer's representative to apply to Ally Bank.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ted99
I don't want it that soon. I have a lease that is still running. I deliberately reserved late thinking there would be a fairly long line ahead of me. As you pointed out, people have been on the list since Oct of last year. Either the list wasn't that long, or production is way higher than was expected because I just zipped up the line like I was some kind of celebrity bypassing the velvet rope. If the car does come this summer, rather than late this year, as I hoped; I'll be leaving it with the dealer. When the car locked so soon, I asked the dealer if they wanted me to cancel before lock, or let the car come for their stock. They said: "Let it come, please". Looks like there will be no issue with just doing it the "old fashioned way" as my lease end approaches. All the data will be on the table and it'll be a "normal" ordering process--IF there aren't e-Trons "on the floor" at my dealer.
I ordered mine Dec 1 for the same reason. My 535d lease ends in Oct 2019. I'm currently in the gearing up for production stage. There are reports that the production rate is running at 50% due to battery availability and other issues. I really don't anticipate the car being delivered before the end of summer or early fall. I just watched a NextMove YouTube video of the e-Tron driving on the autobahn at 200 kph. It was amazingly quiet. I hope it works out that I get the e-Tron.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just finally went to "In Production" today, after locking on 3/8. Premium Plus, so I was expecting to be end of the line.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So apparently they're not building them by order date. That's frustrating. It gets worse. 9/18 order date, 3/8 lock, supposed to have been in production 4/5. Pretty much loaded Prestige. After Audi support researched the status for 24 hours, they admitted that cars are not being built in reservation order. It's obvious that they are short on inventory of something. Not sure if it's unique to Prestige or some option that they don't have. This is why we are seeing Premium Plus being built ahead of everyone else. Over 6 months and they can't even provide a production date. Not a happy camper.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ouch. If it's worth anything, I put my deposit down a full 24 hours before the car was even announced.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pkulak
Ouch. If it's worth anything, I put my deposit down a full 24 hours before the car was even announced.
I'm in the same situation. Ordered September 16, locked on December 30. Website says "gearing up". Latest update is that the car will be here in 15-17 weeks!
Old 04-11-2019, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe
I'm in the same situation. Ordered September 16, locked on December 30. Website says "gearing up". Latest update is that the car will be here in 15-17 weeks!
So much for being first in line. I'm starting to wonder if certain dealerships or regions are getting preference. GM does that a lot (ie. Volts went to California first, Corvettes allocated to higher volume dealers)

Quick Reply: What is the status of your e-tron reservation?