Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

World Car of the Year

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

World Car of the Year

 
Old 04-17-2019, 06:41 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 86
Default World Car of the Year

The Jag i-Pace was awarded World Car of the Year (e-Tron was one of three finalists). The i-Pace and e-Tron shared World Green Car of the Year.

Last edited by ted99; 04-17-2019 at 08:16 AM.
ted99 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 07:37 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Coachella Valley, California
Posts: 125
Default

Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
The Jag i-Pace was awarded World Car of the Year (e-Tron was nominated). The i-Pace and e-Tron shared Green Car of the Year.
By whom?
1st Audi Owner is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 07:50 AM
  #3  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Larry David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 37
Default

World Car Awards
About World Car Awards :: World Car Awards
Never heard of them
Larry David is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 08:24 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Announced at the NY Auto Show. Supposedly a ballot of Auto writers from around the world. I'm only reporting, not endorsing. The members of the i-Pace forum say Jag is hoping for a bump in sales. If not, they say expect discounts as there is almost a year's worth of 2019 i-Pace inventory across the US (especially in CA) at the current sales rate and 2020 production is about to begin. Jag is reportedly bleeding cash at a rapid rate. Pull-forwards on Tesla sales apparently killed i-Pace in CA first Qtr. Hangover from that may continue to hurt in second Qtr. I suspect that e-Tron won't be hit in second quarter because of all our pre-orders.
ted99 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 08:36 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Coachella Valley, California
Posts: 125
Default E-tron is not immune ...

Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
Announced at the NY Auto Show. Supposedly a ballot of Auto writers from around the world. I'm only reporting, not endorsing. The members of the i-Pace forum say Jag is hoping for a bump in sales. If not, they say expect discounts as there is almost a year's worth of 2019 i-Pace inventory across the US (especially in CA) at the current sales rate and 2020 production is about to begin. Jag is reportedly bleeding cash at a rapid rate. Pull-forwards on Tesla sales apparently killed i-Pace in CA first Qtr. Hangover from that may continue to hurt in second Qtr. I suspect that e-Tron won't be hit in second quarter because of all our pre-orders.
E-tron is not immune from an accumulation of inventory on dealers' lots in view of the increasing talk of cancellations on this forum and the lack of penalty for so doing. Audi made it too easy to pre-order and then walk away from a reservation. No disincentive to cancellation.
1st Audi Owner is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 08:49 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 75
Default

I would argue that if they didn't make it easy, there would have been no preorders to worry about.
AudiTK is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 08:53 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Coachella Valley, California
Posts: 125
Default

Originally Posted by AudiTK View Post
I would argue that if they didn't make it easy, there would have been no preorders to worry about.
True, but in any event, it is Audi's worry, not ours!
1st Audi Owner is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
S4solong
Off-topic Discussion
0
10-13-2008 05:56 PM
Regenmeister
Off-topic Discussion
11
10-19-2006 08:03 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: World Car of the Year


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: