Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

SQ5 to e-tron

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts
Default SQ5 to e-tron

Traded in my 2018 SQ5 today for an Antigua Blue e-tron, Premium Plus with cold weather, DAP, and towing. Interior is Okapi Brown which goes surprisingly well with this color and the real reason I chose it was for the black headliner. The SQ5 and e-tron are completely different cars, but I went for the e-tron for its smoothness, quietness, luxury, and the traits that you get with an electric car. I only drive about 100 miles per week so no issues with range; also, no sales tax in NJ! I'll miss my red seats and heated steering wheel, but I'll get over it. The color is nearly impossible to accurately portray in pictures, I messed with exposure a bit to try and get something more accurate, but the color has an underlying Teal to it that is really only seen in person.

SQ5 to e-tron-mv1trzk.jpg
SQ5 to e-tron-mtrxaii.jpg
SQ5 to e-tron-t6doyoq.jpg
The following 5 users liked this post by SYMAWD:
BlackOptic (01-31-2020), e-TronCurious (01-28-2020), JNealCox (01-25-2024), LavaGrau_A3 (01-28-2020), thebishman (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Beautiful car and color...congrats. I would have gone for Antigua Blue but the e-tron is basically my wife's car and she wouldn't have it. We do have the Okapi Brown interior...it's lovely.

Also, I note that there are no holes in your front grill for the license plate mounting. I guess my dealer lied to me when they said that they drill and install them at the factory because "they all come like that". First time a dealer has ever not told the truth....

Last edited by Mike in CA; 01-28-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Traded in my 2018 SQ5 today for an Antigua Blue e-tron, Premium Plus with cold weather, DAP, and towing. Interior is Okapi Brown which goes surprisingly well with this color and the real reason I chose it was for the black headliner. The SQ5 and e-tron are completely different cars, but I went for the e-tron for its smoothness, quietness, luxury, and the traits that you get with an electric car. I only drive about 100 miles per week so no issues with range; also, no sales tax in NJ! I'll miss my red seats and heated steering wheel, but I'll get over it. The color is nearly impossible to accurately portray in pictures, I messed with exposure a bit to try and get something more accurate, but the color has an underlying Teal to it that is really only seen in person.
Call me jealous, I love that blue. Sticks out like the crazy Jeep colors that I love. It's a bold statement for an SUV. I should drive to NJ when I buy mine!!!!

I also like the darker blue that Audi has.

Congrats!!!

Old 01-28-2020, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Beautiful car and color...congrats. I would have gone for Antigua Blue but the e-tron is basically my wife's car and she wouldn't have it. We do have the Okapi Brown interior...it's lovely.

Also, I note that there are no holes in your front grill for the license plate mounting. I guess my dealer lied to me when they said that they drill and install them at the factory because "they all come like that". First time a dealer has ever not told the truth....
Bracket comes in the frunk and are dealer installed.
Originally Posted by e-TronCurious
Call me jealous, I love that blue. Sticks out like the crazy Jeep colors that I love. It's a bold statement for an SUV. I should drive to NJ when I buy mine!!!!

I also like the darker blue that Audi has.

Congrats!!!
Gotta register it in NJ.
The following users liked this post:
e-TronCurious (01-30-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Nice! Love Antigua Blue.

If you need to mount a plate nondestructively, check out my thread Got a ticket. Mounted front plate without screws.

Enjoy!
Old 01-28-2020, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Awesome!
i came from a regular Q5 and while I loved that car, I love my E-tron a lot more!
Of course it's just a different class in terms of theInterior and the driving feel is completely different.

My first colour choice was the Antigua Blue, but I couldn't get the spec I wanted
It's a gorgeous colour - stoked for you!
Had to "settle" for white

The following 2 users liked this post by biff2bart:
e-TronCurious (01-30-2020), thebishman (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations! Best interior color IMHO. I love this car, one of the best I have owned and second only to my Porsche 997.2 C4S, I simply smile when I get in and drive.

Enjoy!
Old 01-28-2020, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

I'll say the same words as BrianP " Congratulations! Best interior color IMHO. I love this car, one of the best I have owned. Came out of the SQ5's cousin - Macan S - and not missing it at all. Love driving by the gas pumps.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Bracket comes in the frunk and are dealer installed.
So the dealer did lie to me. Oh well. I removed the bracket, painted the screws a matching grey and reinstalled them. Looks pretty good.

OP won't have to worry about that though.
Old 01-25-2024, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am considering same move

Quick Reply: SQ5 to e-tron