Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

1993 S4 Wastegate Gasket replacing

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 S4 Wastegate Gasket replacing

Hey guys,

I was told before I bought my car that there was an air leak from some gaskets on the wastegate. After looking at it I can tell that they are pretty rotted. I am attaching pictures of the two gaskets here. Would you guys be able to tell me the name of the specific gasket and where I can get new ones? Thanks a lot.
Attached Images    
Old 06-20-2012, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could have hardly found a more expensive little part if you tried. This long link is to autohausaz.com, a respected aftermarket seller. The gaskets you are looking for are the three hole gaskets obviously. They show not in stock, but it may be a good idea to check with them. There are 2 identical gaskets, one on each end of this expansion pipe. You should invest in new hardware also (nuts/bolts).

Above the photo of the gasket is the part # in case you would like to check dealer prices. genuineaudiparts.com is a great discount dealer for genuine Audi parts from San Diego.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...arger%20Gasket
Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When you replace the gaskets, make sure that you reinstall the corrugated wastegate tube with the arrow pointing away from the engine, to the down pipe (not the direction that shows in this photo, the other way) (Note: PNs below the photo):

Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This part is a bitch to find. That site has been on backorder for 7 months according to the guy I spoke to. My local audi dealership says they can order it for $50 each. Anyways ill keep searching. Urs4boy, are you saying that mine is currently installed incorrectly?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Here is another link to a potential OE source for the gasket (52.50 list/32.55 retail)

http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/in...&siteid=214407

As for the direction of your corrugated dump tube, I can't tell which way your's is oriented from looking at your photo. I was just flagging that it needs to go with the arrow away from the head, towards the down pipe.

The reason is shown in the bottom half of this diagram:

Old 06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh I see, I was reading this on my phone and the image you posted did not load so I thought you were referring to my image. Thanks a lot for the heads up. I did check out genuineaudiparts as well... that price isnt bad. I called the dealership today and they can get it for $50 each. I am going to have a friend who owns a shop give them a call and see what sort of discount he gets. Ill keep this updated with my progress on this fix. Thanks again.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Guys, about replacing the hardware that goes along with the gaskets... Is there a part number for them or do I just need to match the nut/bolt size? Is it important to get genuine parts or does it not really matter with stuff like hardware?
Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by darkslash
Hey Guys, about replacing the hardware that goes along with the gaskets... Is there a part number for them or do I just need to match the nut/bolt size? Is it important to get genuine parts or does it not really matter with stuff like hardware?
Use OE bolts and nuts. The PNs are in the diagram I posted above.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok I see, would I need #14 and #15 on the diagram? Or #16 as well? I am having trouble determine which are which. I know the gasket is 12. Sorry for the bother, I appreciate the help.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by darkslash
Ok I see, would I need #14 and #15 on the diagram? Or #16 as well? I am having trouble determine which are which. I know the gasket is 12. Sorry for the bother, I appreciate the help.
Items 16 are the nuts that hold the dump flex tube to the wastegate flange studs. Items 14 and 15 are the bolts and nuts that connect the dump flex tube to the downpipe flange.

Quick Reply: 1993 S4 Wastegate Gasket replacing