Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Initial Holiday Sale Offer, Mance Preloading Strut Brace (Bling Bar;-)...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unfortunately this is true, Mance designs products for use on his own personal vehicle...

and at the moment that is the 90. He did once have a very powerful urS4, but no longer.

Cheers,
Old 11-30-2005, 01:43 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Silly, I dont do it to "offset costs." Since I make everything myself making more doesnt...

offset any costs... au contraire. And since I prototype and test everything I make my originals dont benefit from any quantity buying that comes "after" my own units are tested and and deemed road-worthy or saleable. In fact it cost me almost $30k of my own money to have strut mounts made. Money I fronted and NEVER asked for from a soul up-front who wanted them. I've NEVER once asked for front money to make anything. Its just I offer them because I thought some might like them and yes I do make money on them but not wheelbarrows full and to this day never enough to break even. But I enjoy the work tho necessity dictates all thats changing. From here on there will only be fewer than 4-5 made of everything I make and/or use. 2 for me and 2-3 for a few who want them and/or Champagnes race effort.

In fact the latest 3 offerings were never made public. And thats working out far better for me and you guys. Tempt not/want not ;-)
Old 11-30-2005, 01:45 PM

Unfortunate indeed.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:54 PM

Default I'm confused here.

So you're saying that you selling the extras of what you make for your 90 don't offset the costs of R&D for the parts, or that the R&D is free for you, and the profit is just a positive side effect?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Do you not think I understand that?

It's just a beg and a plead. I know he only makes stuff for his 90 - but if there's one thing he'd make for an UrS now, I'd think that would be an awesome one. And by saying I know he can is simple confidence in his ability to do whatever he wishes as far as a part. Did we really have to make this that complicated?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I know it's true - just wishing.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Get the sand out of your...

eyes. ;-)

This is an open forum, and many here on the S-cars forum probably didn't know what I wrote above.

And if you already knew this, you would know begs and pleads don't work on Mance. He's his own man.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:05 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default BINGO! There many items on my car that never went into production...

way way more than did. I finance my own R&D and do my own testing/evaluations.

R&D doesnt cost me anything because its time on the track and/or playing in my machine shop. Time I'd be spending there anyway. Just because I dont plan on making something publicly available doesnt mean I dont treat myself to it as any top-to-bottom-left-to-right-front-to-rear inspection of my car would bear out.

You needent look any further than my front height-adjustable/quick-ratio steering arm struts or Ti tie rods, Ohlins or dozens and dozens of other mods found on my car that are on no other 90Q in the world. And this doesnt even begin to address the engine building under way.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:08 PM

Oh Mance, you're so exclusive ;-)
Old 11-30-2005, 02:11 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

I'm glad you understand. I hate it when I confuse you ;-)

Quick Reply: Initial Holiday Sale Offer, Mance Preloading Strut Brace (Bling Bar;-)...