Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Media Volume with Connected Phone

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Media Volume with Connected Phone

Recently bought an A4 and this audio issue has been very frustrating. There are similar posts here and other websites that I have come across, but I have yet to see a solution. I am convinced this is a car issue and not a phone issue (as I don't have this issue on other cars). When my phone is connected via bluetooth or Android Auto, the volume from any media is about half of the radio volume. So if I stop playing my phone media and switch to radio, there is a very noticeable increase in volume. Obviously I have tried every possible volume setting, tweak, app, etc. on the phone to no avail. I am confident the phone is outputing 100% of the possible volume through USB or bluetooth. I did learn this and I think this is where the solution is. If I say "OK Google", and attempt to adjust the volume on the MMI while assistant is active, the MMI volume appears frozen at the halfway point. In fact, if you try to adjust it, you get an error that is it "unavailable". I have read all the posts about volume "unavailable" and the fix seems to be rebooting the system. This does not work in this case. I am at a total loss here. Any help appreciated.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I will add that I have tested multiple phones and still see this issue.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you know about the media volume setting in the MMI? It makes connected devices louder or softer.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I see a setting for input level when AUX and bluetooth are connected. I have this set to the maxmax and it is still half the volume of the radio. Also, there is no input setting when connected to Android Auto.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

okay. cool. Just checking.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Any updates/tips on this? Was about to post asking about the same issue... back to Audi now after a couple of other cars and found this is still an issue. Get blasted out when I switch back to radio. (you'd think there would be a setting or something to adjust)
Old 02-13-2019, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I still have not found a solution.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue on my 2018 Q5, but had not really noticed it because my previous four cars, all Infinitis, and my wife's Honda all have the exact same issue. I notice it among multiple phones connected in various ways including lightning connector and bluetooth.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

I have the same issue on my 2015 A6
Old 03-07-2019, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jpbran
Any updates/tips on this? Was about to post asking about the same issue... back to Audi now after a couple of other cars and found this is still an issue. Get blasted out when I switch back to radio. (you'd think there would be a setting or something to adjust)
I still have not found a solution.

Quick Reply: Low Media Volume with Connected Phone