Brakes Discussion Discussion forum regarding brake tuning, upgrades and questions

Forever squeaking breaks in my 2014 q7

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forever squeaking breaks in my 2014 q7

After 2 years of owning my q7, I needed to get the front brakes changed. Immediately after that they started to squeak. Audi told me they need to heat up but that didn't help. Then they told me before they could do anything they would have to change the back brakes, so I did. And the squealing got louder and more often. I have since brought it in numerous times and they tell me the same garbage. The brake dust is the problem. Which Mabey I would believe if my vehicle had done that since the beginning, but like I said not until they gave me their new brakes. I have spoke to the mechanic, I have been in touch with audi Canada and nobody can answer my question. Audi dealership tells me audi is aware of the noise problem, Audi Canada says that's not true. So they just call me once a week to tell me they are waiting for more information from the dealership before they can do anything. What information do you they need that's taking over 3 weeks. I ask to talk with someone higher up who can actually help me instead of apologizing about the delay and they say someone will contact you with in 24hrs.i have now spoken with 4 different reps, they just keep passing me onto the next one. How do I get them to fix this problem?
Old 12-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Funnygirl
After 2 years of owning my q7, I needed to get the front brakes changed. Immediately after that they started to squeak. Audi told me they need to heat up but that didn't help. Then they told me before they could do anything they would have to change the back brakes, so I did. And the squealing got louder and more often. I have since brought it in numerous times and they tell me the same garbage. The brake dust is the problem. Which Mabey I would believe if my vehicle had done that since the beginning, but like I said not until they gave me their new brakes. I have spoke to the mechanic, I have been in touch with audi Canada and nobody can answer my question. Audi dealership tells me audi is aware of the noise problem, Audi Canada says that's not true. So they just call me once a week to tell me they are waiting for more information from the dealership before they can do anything. What information do you they need that's taking over 3 weeks. I ask to talk with someone higher up who can actually help me instead of apologizing about the delay and they say someone will contact you with in 24hrs.i have now spoken with 4 different reps, they just keep passing me onto the next one. How do I get them to fix this problem?
Learned the hard way that its just the nature of the beast and learn to live with it. When I got my Q7 2015 model, i had the same noise issues and hated the dust it was producing. So switched to more expensive ceramic ones, which did great in noise and dust department., but not great in stopping. Did not have enough confidence on the stopping power, when needed the most.

So switched back to OEM semi metallic pads, which is good in stopping the 3 ton vehicle to stop. Yes it is noisy, I can live with it.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Your problem is the Audi brake pads. I had the squealing and dust with the Audi pads. After extensive research, I replaced the pads with Akebono pads. No noise, no brake dust and the performance is as good as the original Audi pads. You can buy the pads online. Rock Auto is good. Have a mechanic install them. I don't think Audi will install them.