Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Forum Idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Idea

I consider myself an avid PHP programmer, and a few days ago I was thinking about ways to create an "Audi Knowledge Base" with general categories and the information to match. Things like brakes, clutch, etc. This knowledge base could pull from the forum. Each time you create a new thread, you would half to select a category from a list of what your thread is about. It would be a way to automatically categorize the forum and would offer a better way to search. It would also reduce the amount of re-posts.

I'm not sure if this forum is a custom creation or just a plug-in-play, but this would be a great addition.

Just a thought, thanks.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:59 PM

Default It's a good idea

Right now we have a tech articles section which has much of that content already, but alot of it is still in the forums, like you've probably noticed.

I don't know if making every post fall into a category is a good idea, since it would grow large quickly.

What I would like to do is make it easier for us to pull good articles into our tech section. One thing I've been tossing around for a while now is a way for readers to mark posts for us to look at. It'll allow us to see inappropriate posts quicker, as well as give people a way to let us know about good post we can pull into the tech section.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:11 PM

Default i like the modified "suggestion" method

i've considered suggesting the same concept as ALpork, and i already identified the same problem that johannes mentioned. every question about which BBK to puchase would be catogorized as brakes, and the whole thing would swell to an uncontrolable size pretty quickly.