Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

grinding noise on start up

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grinding noise on start up

I have a 2008 a4 quattro 2.0t with 116.xxx on it. maintenance has been up to date and well taken care of and it has been driving normal. I came home from work and took a nap and this was from 8am to 3pm. I had a errand to do and went to start my car and got this weird noise.
Attached Files
Old 08-18-2017, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyrone RsLs Peoples
I have a 2008 a4 quattro 2.0t with 116.xxx on it. maintenance has been up to date and well taken care of and it has been driving normal. I came home from work and took a nap and this was from 8am to 3pm. I had a errand to do and went to start my car and got this weird noise.
update
I was trying to do it all my self, start the car and listen but couldn't get a good sound to where it was coming from. I assumed it was the battery at first because before I popped the hood, I didn't get a noises on start up. but, it was strange because it seemed power was fine because everything turned on except the engine. I went around, popped the hood just to look and went back to start it and that is when I got the noise. moving on, I had someone start it for me while I kept a ear towards the engine and I narrowed it down to the starter. ill post more tomorrow when I find gather more info.