Notices
The New Marketplace (All new FS items go in here) The AudiWorld Marketplace

Could you make my dream come true? - In search of Solar Orange Audi TTS 2019-2015 Mk2

Wanted

2009 - 2015 Audi TT

06-14-2023, 03:58 PM | Replies: 4 | Views: 1390
  • 2009 - 2015 Audi TT - Could you make my dream come true? - In search of Solar Orange Audi TTS 2019-2015 Mk2 - Used - AWD - Automatic - Coupe - Orange - Albany, NY 12205, United States
AudiWorld Newcomer

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Albany, NY, 12205, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Drive Type AWD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Coupe
  • Exterior Color Orange
Description:

Hello!!!

Not in need of a 2nd car, but who really is?!?  

I came across a beautiful Solar Orange Audi TTS for sale in Pennsylvania a few weeks back. I fell in love. The car was orange. Solar Orange. Orange is my favorite color. The seats had the orange/black contrast too. I contacted the dealership right away, and ultimately over the next few days, could not get it. I was bummed. Then I found this forum!!

Hoping someone could help me find a 2009-2015 Audi TTS in Solar Orange. Good condition. Preferably less than 80,000 miles. I live in upstate NY, open to the car being anywhere. Attaching one image to give you an idea of the car. Maybe there is a secret genie out there. Wishing you all the best, thanks for reading and have a great day!

Chris

Old 06-15-2023, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why get the S when you can get the RS?!

Old 06-29-2023, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understood, the TTRS is a beast!! I ultimately do not need all of that (nor have the money) so the TTS seems like a good compromise.

I found a 2012 TTS with 146k miles. Possibly APR stage 1, but the dealer does not know. Miles on the high side for sure, but 3 owners, clean carfax, looking for 17,9 (which I feel is high), but looking for any advice from others. I've tried all the haggling things, new tires, ship it to me (NC to NY) etc. But I think I can get them closer to 17k. Anything I should be watching out for? Was just told of a few red flags; grass in the motor near the oil cooler, faint burning smell, rotors pretty bad shape. Several little paint chips, and the overall message from the 3rd party car mechanic says they would not buy it. So........

Waiting for the next orange mk2 Audi TTS it sounds like
Old 06-29-2023, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You only live once!

Old 06-29-2023, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, listen to a mechanic if they say "I wouldn't buy it".

Just wait it out a bit more... Wait another few months for these dealer prices to drop. They will and dealers will have to. (Wish you idiots would stop paying $60k for a new Golf R). If you guys didn't buy them for $60K they would be forced to lower their prices... Do not pay a high price now unless it's THE car you want. Avoid high miles, you don't need any more projects! Pay more for something with lower miles. There was a solar orange TTS convertible that sold a month or so ago. Don't remember the cost but it seemed like a great deal and the miles were less that 25k, if I had the space I would have pulled the trigger.

Search CL using the map feature, auto trader and car gurus in the morning and the evening. You have to put the time in to find what you want.

Have cash ready. Always helps to have a few grand, encase you find your dream car and the A-Hole is asking too much. There always seems to be another A-hole who will pay that stupid asking price, so you have to be ready and fast.

What you do is call the seller, tell them you want it, but you would like a pre-buy done first. Have it taken to their local dealership, you will pay for the inspection over the phone with your CC. When you get the report back make the call. A $200 inspection is well worth being able to turn a car down before it arrives at your place. If you can agree on a price, have your lending institution wire the $. It's then the sellers responsibility to over night the title to your lender. Lenders have magical powers they don't always advertise. Use a credit union! Once it's paid for GET INSURANCE ON THE VEHICLE! Then start calling car haulers. There is a ton of them out there and they all have different prices. If it's a super nice car with excellent paint - pay more for the enclosed hauler. If the paint isn't a 10, then using an uncovered hauler and save some money, is just fine.
The following users liked this post:
yosie16 (06-29-2023)