Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Technical Discussion > Performance and Tuning
Reload this Page >

AŁ aircon failure - please help?

Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AŁ aircon failure - please help?

Old 05-29-2018, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AŁ aircon failure - please help?

Hi there.

Firstly, great website, well done.
(Hopefully I'm putting this in the right place???)Just wondering if anyone can help me with my Air conditioning problem please?I’ve found numerous lines of discussion on this, but thought I might save some time.The air conditioning isn’t working on my 2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi.Stopped working during the heatwave last year, took it for a recharge, fixed the problem, worked fine all summer.Tried to turn it on last month, faint smell of air-conny type stuff (assume it’s Freon…?), but luke-warm air coming through vents.Took it back to recharge again, they showed me the gauge on the gun which says it has plenty in so didn’t need any more adding.
Turning the air con button on and off (red led works fine), seems to do something useful, as in “on” mode there is a faint sort of metallic sound emanating through the vents which stops immediately when switched to off.The engine sound changes slightly too when switched on and off, which suggests to me the clutch is pulling the compressor in and out as it should?One thing which might be significant: - I nutted the from valance on one of them stupid low bollard things in a car park, has only cracked the valance slightly but am wondering if the two things might be related?

Drawn a blank after that…

Would be grateful in advance for any help.