Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

A7 S/C pulley slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 12:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 S/C pulley slipping?

Noticed my S/C pulley (upgraded) is starting to slip off! It has about 1/4" of space from being flush at the S/C shaft to nose of pulley.
Has anyone ever experience this??

Just To Add: I just had my Ultracharger, Cooler upgrade, required Software and lower pulley installed. With the dramatic increase in power; after about 40 miles, the belt shredded! The "Bracket Post" that is suppose to be "grinded down" to prevent interference, was done....so no issues there! This is a full APR set up EXCEPT for the 'CTS Turbo' S/C Pulley.
All mods were Installed by a very reputable shop!! I have no issues with them as they always do great work!
However, I personally installed the S/C pulley about (3-5 months ago). No issues with the install....it was very straight forward!

Suspect that the pulley just never tightened up enough, from the cooling process, to withstand the power of the APR system.
would this make sense or does anyone suspect the pulley metal was cheap and that i should buy the APR Pulley ?