Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Further rantings, ref. previous post....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Further rantings, ref. previous post....

Thanks for everyone's input.

The stroker kit is from eurospecsport, and I'm in negotiations with them to buy either the kit, or a complete engine. I do currently have a short block available, but depending on the price I may opt to buy the engine rather than deal with the headache of building it. Also, if I do that, they've built them several times, and it should be a pretty good product. I'll be sure & ask for balancing, too. 8.5:1 compression should be a good thing for running higher boost, so I'll stick with the pistons in the set.

I still don't know if I'll need a new head or not, but they have those too, prepped(?) for a mere $2250. If I could find one, I could do the porting/polishing myself. Anyone got one for sale?<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/performance/msgs/47422.phtml">yesterdays post</a></li></ul>
Old 11-21-2002, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Also ask for ARP main studs....

They're not that expensive, and worth it, especially if you'll be running a lot of boost.

I don't think the words "mere" and "$2250" belong in the same sentence

There really isn't a whole lot involved in porting/polishing a head, the only thing I did was port the head and manifolds to the size of the gasket. The bowl and combustion chamber look good as is.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Think it comes with ARP hardware....

I'll get the specifics before the sale is finalized, &amp; I agree with everything else you said! ;-) mere, porting, etc
Old 11-21-2002, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: From what I've seen hands on...

stay away from eurospec. A matter of fact dont do it! I've seen 3 bad 2.0 strokers from them needing replacement including mine. Probably the worst experience I've had in a long long time.

I'd give Techtonics a call, see what they can do first.
Eurospec does not stand behind they're product and took them over a month to get me a new engine. Just dropped it back in last week and will finish it up Wed. when I come back home to Bay Area.

Actually I was lucky George at ATP picked up the tab because eurospec charged him a good amount of $$$. I know they are hard to beat price wise but you may or may not get a good engine. At shop 3 of us got 2.0s. 2 of the 3 had to have engine yanked and sent back to them. **** Eurospec is all I really got to say. Even though now my newest engine is even more crazier and got a few new goodies...thanks to ATP who got me them. I got to change the engine 2x's now. So everyone lost.

It's like a gambling game if you buy a engine from them. One of the 2.0's has been fine since start-up, strong and powerful.

Oh and Eurospec is local also...Like a hr. from ATP.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Its got ARP studs and they use all ARP...

I just pray this new engine I got from them is all good unlike the last one. God I wish I could run a Compression check before you have to drop it in there. Praying this new engine is strong and no oil smokage.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Any idea what is failing on the motors?
Old 11-22-2002, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default What was bad on them?

Should I get the kit &amp; build it myself? Is it the assembly or the internal parts?

I'll be contacting techtonics Monday to see what they have to offer in this area....do some comparison shopping...

If I end up going with eurospec, I'll be asking the right questions thanks to you Smokin! Maybe I'll even call up ATP too, &amp; see what they recommend....
Old 11-23-2002, 12:18 AM

Default Re: One car the crank snapped in half...

going up a hill. I know there was a few bent exhaust valves,chip on the camshaft...I hear from someone that he thinks they spec'd the wrong piston ring size.

Horrible experience with them and I'd be afraid of them not honoring their warrenty fully, and you need a warranty with some of the reliablility issues they have had.

Well mines all new...gave it a little bore. Hopefully they got it right this time. We'll see Wed. when I go to crank it over.

Last time it was huffing and puffing smoke.
Old 11-23-2002, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the info, keep us informed on how the new one goes....
Old 11-23-2002, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cast crank? Or Forged?

I would think a Cast crank would be much more susceptible to cracking/breaking, especially if maybe they dropped it or something before putting the motor in.

Quick Reply: Further rantings, ref. previous post....