Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

HOW IS THIS DONE

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW IS THIS DONE

How is this done?
Two straight lines are drawn down a racetrack, Line"A" and line "B". A coin is placed midway down the track on line "B". This guy accelerates hard up to 60 and when his rear tire is parallel to the coin on line "B" he swings his rear end out and hits the coin with his rear tire, then without slowing down he puts the rear end of the car back on line "A", speeds off, turns around and does the same thing hitting the coin with the other rear tire. HOW IN THE WORLD DOES HE DO THIS?
Can anyone here do that? How hard is it?
Old 04-25-2001, 01:44 AM

Default you mean swinging out the tail? im shure with practice it cound be done easily

just like riding a bike, get the feel for the car
and anything is possible
Old 04-25-2001, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

360s in autox would be nice =). anyway, i think that maybe more achievable with rear wheel drive
Old 04-25-2001, 07:34 AM
Elder Member

Default need RWD

What a stupid trick.

You could take a stunt driving course if you want to learn how to do stuff like this. They aren't easy to find, but I'm sure you could find one within the next 3 months.

But unless you are going to drive an RWD car around most of the time, you won't be able to use most of the techniques.
Old 04-25-2001, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A buddy of mine demonstrated how he manages 360's on his old 76 Civic (the itty bitty one)...

Comes in with decent speed (30-40), lift handbrake to execute a no brainer 180, but as he is doing that, pops in reverse and when the 180 is about complete, dumps clutch, keeps the car moving around, and when about almost done with the 360, back to 1st gear, and pulls it forward. Oh yeah, he's pretty good with rear wheel drivers too, but he says the FWD was more fun since none of us could do it :P
Old 04-25-2001, 02:15 PM

Default On a total side note about stunt drivers

The politically correct term for stunt drivers is "precision drivers" these days. I have dealt with a few for commercials and they get irked if you call them stunt drivers.

Just your random bit of trivia for the day.
Old 04-25-2001, 03:49 PM

Default Re: A buddy of mine demonstrated how he manages 360's on his old 76 Civic (the itty bitty one)...

I posted this question on 2 other boards and I'm surprised how easy so many people say this maneuver is. I'm 99% sure the people who say it's so easy couldn't do it. It requires a lot of skill. Driving is an art.
Old 04-25-2001, 03:52 PM

Default Re: On a total side note about stunt drivers

Ottobahn, where do you find stunt drivers? They're not listed in the yellow pages. Are all stunt drivers SAG members?
Old 04-25-2001, 06:54 PM

I had one of those once (the non-CVCC version)! My first car!! Great little car!
Old 04-26-2001, 08:21 AM

Default Used to work at a racetrack

So I became an impromptu Prouction Assistant on a number of occasions. So I just hung out with them out on the track. I am not sure if the Drivers are in the SAG or not. If you really wanted to find one, I would contact a production house and ask who they use. Unfortunately that was in a previous life (college) and I am long since removed from that world, so I cannot provide a ton of information to you, just memeories.

Quick Reply: HOW IS THIS DONE