Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

studdering S6

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default studdering S6

I don't know where to start:

took my car 95 S6 Avant to the dealer because it was studdering and smoking, like it was hitting on only 4 cylinders.

Dealer replaced: output stage module (left of two), coil pack and connecting spark wire for #4. There also was a strange moaning sound.

picked it up, no smoke but still with a hickup, when accelerating, expecially when hard. Took back, then they claimed it was the bpvalve. There still was a slight moan.

Picked it up but still hickuped. Now they claim that my computer has been modified because when they checked the values with the diag pod, it told that all the values were excessive and beyond factory settings.

I think that I am being bull****ted! I would like your help to determine what/where to start. The car still moans!

I looked for the vacuum line besides the output stage modules, on the firewire to determine if the moisture trap had been comprimised; but it wasn't there (maybe it's not where I think).

From what I can tell, I checked and the cross and other large turbo hoses are in tact. No holes found.

I think that the moan is gotten louder, and any pressure on the accellerator, will yield studdering.

Any offers, I appreciate
Thanks
bryan
Old 06-04-2003, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: studdering S6

Hit up the urS-car email list (www.s-car.org should have the proper link), and the Original S-car forum here on AW.

I'd check hoses between the airbox and turbo, turbo and intercooler, and intercooler and throttle. I know the older 20vt car, as well as 10vt's, can have issues with the "michelin man" hose that goes between the IC and throttle. But otherwise, I'd check the bypass valve (cut-off valve in VAG speak?), or the waste-gate frequency valve, things that limit and/or control boost pressure.