Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

vortrag coil-over comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vortrag coil-over comments?

i was wondering who has vortrag and if you do please give me feedback on them. i wanna pick up coil-overs soon.
Old 03-16-2001, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Very nice, if...

you can get them. Vortrag currently has a huge backorder, and they're out racing this season, so who knows when you'll get your parts.

When I was ordering, it didn't take terribly long, but then they really got a lot of business, and I don't think they grew quick enough to support the customer base.

Anyhow, if I was doing something with S4 suspension today, I'd call Truechoice and ask them to revalve a set of the A4 Konis for S4 weights. Or call Ground Control and see if they can work something out with their Advance Design shocks. With both of these companies though, you're going to have to work with them to get it all sorted out. If you want it to work out of the box, go check with APR. MTM has a kit too, but it's non-adjustable, and is setup with a softer rear than frontend, which isn't what you want if you're trying to get the rear end around a little better.

Warren
Old 03-16-2001, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

haha. Vortrag coilovers and pick up soon is an oxymoron. Try a 4 month wait at the very least.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:20 PM

Default Soon is the operative word...

I ordered mine in 650F/700R config. at the beginning of Dec. and after a boatload of shipping and communication challenges received them in early Feb. If you want them "soon" go elsewhere. If you want the best,and you want to specify your own spring rates, I believe Vortrag is the way to go. Incredible balance of superb performance with significantly less ride quality degradation. They just do a great job of matching the shock damping to the spring rates. I also understand that the hypercoil springs they use are some of the best. Went to the track several weeks ago and many other drivers were simply astounded at how well my S4 went around the track. And if Vortrag stays around, they are guaranteed for life.
Old 03-18-2001, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: vortrag coil-over comments?

Yes the wait, but arguably well worth it...
I waited months for the delrin bushing kit, and adj. coli over/Koni ext adj sport yellow inserts for my 90 CQ. An extremely well thought, and quality constructed component. If you have the patience, just imagine want suspension tuning prowess Vortrag will have, thru the learned experience of racing the cars. Owner Todd Cadney is as genuine as they come, honest, and personable, just unable to tell anyone NO...oh yea and an eternal optomist

Joe Mag
90 CQ low,low in summer-hi.hi in winter
99 A4 Avant 1.8T, ready for mods