Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

error 00457 J519 module

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default error 00457 J519 module

Hi,
A couple of days ago I updated my VAG-specific
$50 scanner $50 scanner
I bought to do the rear brakes.I decided to scan the Q5 for DTCs with the updated device.
The scanner revealed three codes that I could not clear:

one for inside microphone code 02753

Another code was for the air quality sensor: code 01592

The 3rd was for the network control module: code 00457

I googled the 00457 code and Ross-tech website says it could be a faulty connection and if the car is running properly the code can be ignored.
The blue tooth seems to work fine, I am not sure that the Q5 is equipped with air quality sensor- is that sensor a standard equipment on US Q5s?

Can anyone suggest if I should try to fix the problem or leave it alone?
There was one major problem with the car about 7-8 months ago: it stalled in the middle of the street. My wife (the primary driver) was able to start it again and pulled over after which it stalled again and would not start anymore.
I had it towed to an independent mechanic who replaced all coil packs which solved the problem. I was surprised that all of them went bad at the same time and did not set the CE light first, but he said it was his experience that coil packs on VW/Audi go bad and his code reader displayed multiple misfires on all cylinders (some more some less).
SoI am not sure if that problem is related to this 00457 code.
The car seems to run fine.

I appreciate your help.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Gateway occasionally gets flagged when other modules fail. You could try to deselect the Air Quality Sensor coding erase faults and check again for DTCs. With VCDs there is a description with all the information you need. I would suggest that you invest in a hex v2 enthusiast 3 vin VCDs from an authorised Ross Tech dealer. Got mine from Europe which was a bit more expensive but came with a very nice blue case.

J519 is the electrical control module 09 where the air quality sensor is coded.

​​​​​Address 08: HVAC (J255)
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)
Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)

With VCDs remove bit 6 from address 09: centr elect. J519 to test.

​​​​​​You can also change the Air Quality Sensor which must have failed, to be sure I would do the test first.

For measuring blocks check my Air Quality Sensor Retrofit but as I said you need VCDs.

Last edited by apoelistas; 01-13-2019 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

pretty sure the air quality sensor is for the hvac - supposedly sets hvac to recycle when it detects poor air quality.
i remember the sensor being attached to the grille of the hvac air intake when i was installing a secondary air filter
Old 01-17-2019, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys,

thanks a lot for your help- I will check/replace the sensor when it is warmer outside; not sure if I can pull out the plastic cover over the air intake without cracking it right now.

Thanks again
Old 03-23-2021, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m1964
Hi,
A couple of days ago I updated my VAG-specific $50 scanner I bought to do the rear brakes.I decided to scan the Q5 for DTCs with the updated device.
The scanner revealed three codes that I could not clear:

one for inside microphone code 02753

Another code was for the air quality sensor: code 01592

The 3rd was for the network control module: code 00457

I googled the 00457 code and Ross-tech website says it could be a faulty connection and if the car is running properly the code can be ignored.
The blue tooth seems to work fine, I am not sure that the Q5 is equipped with air quality sensor- is that sensor a standard equipment on US Q5s?

Can anyone suggest if I should try to fix the problem or leave it alone?
There was one major problem with the car about 7-8 months ago: it stalled in the middle of the street. My wife (the primary driver) was able to start it again and pulled over after which it stalled again and would not start anymore.
I had it towed to an independent mechanic who replaced all coil packs which solved the problem. I was surprised that all of them went bad at the same time and did not set the CE light first, but he said it was his experience that coil packs on VW/Audi go bad and his code reader displayed multiple misfires on all cylinders (some more some less).
SoI am not sure if that problem is related to this 00457 code.
The car seems to run fine.

I appreciate your help.
fuel pump or spark!!! If you turn it over had it will try to fire at all. Check fuel filter and make sure your fuel pump is working and at the test port on the fuel rail thT has a screw on cap, normally it is black. Take the cap of a push the center pin in as someone just turns the car to the on position not start! But listen for the fuel pump. If you don't hear it or no fuel shoots out while holding thr fuel port pin in. It should shoot fuel all over when the key is turned on with pin pushes in. If all fuses are good and still nothing. Replace the fuel pump. You have to have a minimum of 60lbs of pressure for the system to work. take care and good luck
Old 03-23-2021, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To help your issue

Originally Posted by Jason Scott
fuel pump or spark!!! If you turn it over had it will try to fire at all. Check fuel filter and make sure your fuel pump is working and at the test port on the fuel rail thT has a screw on cap, normally it is black. Take the cap of a push the center pin in as someone just turns the car to the on position not start! But listen for the fuel pump. If you don't hear it or no fuel shoots out while holding thr fuel port pin in. It should shoot fuel all over when the key is turned on with pin pushes in. If all fuses are good and still nothing. Replace the fuel pump. You have to have a minimum of 60lbs of pressure for the system to work. take care and good luck
one other thing! Only use Rosstech or old eleven with the pro account you creat after buying it. All the other cheap scanners will not do you any good!!!! Don't waist your time with anything else!!!! They only scan and the companies do not have any rights to the AudicVw And Bently and Lamborghini are all done with Vag-com or OBD Eleven.you will have a easier time with the old eleven. When you buy one make sure you get the full version and you buy the Next Gen mode!!! You will have all the control you could ever want. All othe cheap scanners only scan and can only clear certain codes. Theydont have any infiltration with VW who pretty much ownes all the majored European sports cars!!! Have fun and if you need help give me a shout and as soon as I see it I will respond. GOOD LUCK!!!!