Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Headed to Q5. Anyone combined BOTH Sport and Comfort Packages??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts
Default Headed to Q5. Anyone combined BOTH Sport and Comfort Packages??

Hi there. Long timer on C5 A6 board and the past 5 years on the D3 A8 board, and 25 years total. Looking seriously at a Q5, but with some twists.

Euro delivery planned for starters, but the unusual question in whether anyone has ordered (or even has one!) with BOTH the comfort package AND the sport package, starting from the Prestige package found w/ either a 3.0T, or a 2.0T hybrid spec. for that matter. At least in our NorCal market, the Audi Q7 TDI's tend to get loaded up on options, so the same twist could be headed down the pike when the Q5 TDI comes on line for fully spec'ed U.S. orders.

I talked it through w/ the sales rep in detail a couple of times. He started to build one on the dealer order entry system to really try to nail it down. He came back from that and said indeed it does seem possible, as they had thought after talking w/ the experienced sales mngr. It requires you to stay in the chestnut brown or black interior (per the only sport choices), but supposedly then gets to the mix and match combo of the two packages--shift paddles, 3 spoke wheel, leather upper dash, ventilated seats but now sport, power lumbar on both sides, thigh support on lower cushion, etc. The web site configurator won't let you build this and the Q5 model brochure doesn't show ventilated leather at all in the sport seat choices as two contras I already know, but they say the order entry system does provide for it. For that matter from my own experience, the web site configurator no longer has chestnut brown on the 2.0T side (it did a few weeks ago, but no longer) and doesn't really spec hybrids well either, so I've moved away from relying on that.

Has anyone run this down to either a successful order/purchase, or dead ended trying to do it in the end? And yes, I read the posts back a ways to when the 2013 orders were ramping up and tried to follow the now really, really long 2013 orders post, but haven't found something w/ this mix and match.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 01-19-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I gathered during my build and pick up today you are not able to combine the two packages. The S-line and sport packages have to be bought together and it doesn't have the option to add the comfort package. I am completely happy with my decision to get the 3.0T with s-line, sport, mmi, b&o, chestnut, and tow hitch. This thing is amazing! There may be a work around in there somewhere, but I am only giving you information from my experience. Hopefully there is a way to get what you want, but the sport seats are awesome! Hope this helps!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can combine them, but the ventilated comfort seats override the sport seats. On the order guide next to the comfort package it says "overrides all other seat styles." As far as I know they do not offer ventilated sports seats, just ventilated normal seats in the Q5.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts
Default Update; consonant w/ your thoughts

I tried another dealer this afternoon. Lower level sales person though who didn't access the order system. He said it could not be done, but it seemed somewhat shallow on specific experience.

Given the sales manager at the first dealership did start to build one as a sold order and the Audi system seemed to take w/ out rejecting the configuration, I've come to your same conclusion as a working assumption. That is, both could be chosen (in brown or black), but per the order guide you end up with non sport ventilated comfort seats with the Milano leather and probably no power lumbar on the passenger side. I expect what you probably do get is the leather dash trim from the comfort package side and the 3 spoke wheel and paddle shifters from the sport package side. Like you, I get there on the one hand from the order guide words "(overrides all other seat styles)", plus on the other hand it does not say something like ("n/a with PCC [WQB, etc.]" like it does with other mutually excluve choices like wood trim inlays or in many other order guide scenarios I have seen other Audi models.

Having now sat in them both and adjusted them carefully, I like the sport seat support and thigh bolster. Candidly, in this era of "supersizing" it's not like the days of yore when old true sport seats were often more for the super slender/horse jockey sort of physique. Since the seat is a priority, I think that means not trying to do both packages together and then losing the sport seats themselves.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 01-19-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
You can combine them, but the ventilated comfort seats override the sport seats. On the order guide next to the comfort package it says "overrides all other seat styles." As far as I know they do not offer ventilated sports seats, just ventilated normal seats in the Q5.
This is correct. A couple of people around here have ordered with both, and Comfort overrides Sport, so what the Sport Interior package becomes is just the sport steering wheel (seats will be the ventilated, non-sport).

If you want the wheel out of the sport package then you can stack Comfort+Sport, but if you want the seats then you can't (have to only order Sport).
Old 01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
This is correct. A couple of people around here have ordered with both, and Comfort overrides Sport, so what the Sport Interior package becomes is just the sport steering wheel (seats will be the ventilated, non-sport).

If you want the wheel out of the sport package then you can stack Comfort+Sport, but if you want the seats then you can't (have to only order Sport).
What I find irritating is that the only way to get the extra leather in the car, i.e. door pulls, dash, and full seat coverings, is to go comfort, which eliminates any option of sports seats. Having had a Q with, and without all the extra leather, I can say it makes a massive difference in the luxury feel of the interior. The extra leather should be a standalone option as it is on many BMWs.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It seems comfort, sport, and sline can be combined in chestnut. Here is one from an Audi dealership.

http://www.sanjoseaudi.com/new/Audi/...df2d7bf5bb.htm
Old 11-18-2016, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello, I realize this is an old thread...but it was all I could find on this topic!

I am wanting to buy a Q5 and would like to find/order the combination of Sport & Luxury package = to get a ventilated sport seat. Does it really exist? Anyone out there that has it that could take a photo of the seat? Thank you!
Old 11-18-2016, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by hselinger
Hello, I realize this is an old thread...but it was all I could find on this topic!

I am wanting to buy a Q5 and would like to find/order the combination of Sport & Luxury package = to get a ventilated sport seat. Does it really exist? Anyone out there that has it that could take a photo of the seat? Thank you!
A ventilated sport seat does not exist.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a 2014-2015 SQ5 and would like to know if ventilated seats are an option, and if so what is the name of the package or trim that I should look for?

Quick Reply: Headed to Q5. Anyone combined BOTH Sport and Comfort Packages??