Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New MMI firmware and 2018 US maps for Q5

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
It's ridiculous software updates are a "pay" item. They should take a note from Volvo: ALL controller software updates are free for life, every time the car rolls in for service all controller versions and checked and updated to the latest approved version....for free, for the life of the car. This approach shows a lot of focus on customer satisfaction.
Please do not write nonsense.
Volvo only with the new models of the SPA platform offers a free upgrade, with the old models 2008-2016 must to paid
Audi for new models 2017 and up offers a free upgrade for 3-4 years

Volvo must somehow attract new customers, so it offers free maps and software upgrades
I have a new XC60 and a lot of problems with the same

I am waiting for more than 8 months to upgrade the ECU software, there is a problem with the same, and nothing is happening yet
The answer from Volvo: the software is in the testing phase

For Audi there is a huge aftermarket software and hardware ( VCDS, Carista, ODIS......) , for Volvo it does not exist
Volvo owners must go to an authorized service for every little thing

Last edited by spijun; 01-16-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
Please do not write nonsense.
Volvo only with the new models of the SPA platform offers a free upgrade, with the old models 2008-2016 must to paid
Audi for new models 2017 and up offers a free upgrade for 3-4 years
Perhaps this is market-based. In North America ALL Volvos build from 2000 on receive free software updates for all controllers to the latest versions. Period

This is a very awesome service Volvo offers, and Audi would be smart to offer a similar program with their never-ending software updates, especially for MMI.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Perhaps this is market-based. In North America ALL Volvos build from 2000 on receive free software updates for all controllers to the latest versions. Period

This is a very awesome service Volvo offers, and Audi would be smart to offer a similar program with their never-ending software updates, especially for MMI.
Again writing nonsense
Learn what is MMI For models without navigation, there was never an upgrade of the MMI software. Audi needs to upgrade the MMI software only if you are upgrading maps.
The same case with BMW and MB

Compare Audi and Volvo is funny
I have both models

Last edited by spijun; 01-16-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You really are set on being unpleasant aren't you...WHY?

I guess we can agree to disagree then, because you seem to not understand the frequency at which firmware is updated (nav or no nav) by Audi. I have both Audi and Volvo as well, and was a assistant service manager for many years for Volvo. I'm pretty sure I'm aware of how software updates work on both Audi and Volvo cars.

Lets not beat a dead horse or get off topic......moving on.....
Old 01-16-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You first wrote a post here that Volvo has a free software upgrade, I just responded on your untruth

I'm talking with arguments
The picture speaks more than 1000 words

If you are an assistant manager in Volvo then you know about many problems with the XC60 2018 with software and hardware. I am waiting for more than 8 months to solve problems with an ECU unit

Last edited by spijun; 01-16-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OMG....really dude, get over it. Don't call me a lier.

I said...perhaps NOT in your market, but in North America YES Volvo offers free software updates.

Here is the link dude...this has been a standard practice now for many years. A little courtesy in your posts would be much appreciated by everyone.

Complimentary Software Updates
Old 01-16-2019, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

@spijun

you ask me to send you a private message . i did twice. now i get a less the nice response back

all i asked was is there a NA version for 2016 Q5
if so where to get it and the stesp

i did not get an answer
please be polite to those in this forum
Old 01-16-2019, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by waninae39
@spijun

you ask me to send you a private message . i did twice. now i get a less the nice response back

all i asked was is there a NA version for 2016 Q5
if so where to get it and the stesp

i did not get an answer
please be polite to those in this forum
I tried responding but , You have blocked the reception of private messages
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post25262416

Among other things, you have already written that you have a better solution. You do not use more Audi navigation (Post # 5 here)
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post25175072

Last edited by spijun; 01-16-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OMG....really dude, get over it. Don't call me a lier.

I said...perhaps NOT in your market, but in North America YES Volvo offers free software updates.

Here is the link dude...this has been a standard practice now for many years. A little courtesy in your posts would be much appreciated by everyone.

Complimentary Software Updates
Come back and read what I wrote: AUDI not need to upgrade MMI software if you do not do the map upgrades

Volvo makes software upgrades because it has a lot of problems with its software
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...a801515970036d
For my XC60 2018, they have been upgrading the software three times, there are still problems. This is proof that Volvo has bad developers or bad hardware

If you are an assistant manager you do not write the truth or you do not know enough yours jobs, this is proof. Upgrading software and maps for older models is not free for all models
Navigation Update for Certain 2011-2015 Volvos
Please refer to your Volvo Dealer for specific pricing for the software.

After all, this is the Audi forum and why do you ever mention Volvo. Maybe you should go to the BMW, Mercedes forums and post there that Volvo has free software update

Last edited by spijun; 01-17-2019 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
FYI: many years exist EU maps versions , (2G, 3G DVD, 3G+ and 3GP), firmware and activators for same maps

If you know the upgrade process, I will send you a link to the new version of the maps US/Canada 2017/2018 . Just be careful not to destroy your MMI
will that update also work for the 2010 Q5 if so I know the process I've done it before could you please send it to me I would be gratefully appreciated

Quick Reply: New MMI firmware and 2018 US maps for Q5